cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles not working anymore.

My tv did update and the subtitles are not working since the update. It’s via the smart hub on Samsung which I have reset 

the speech bubble is highlighted but they are not working at all 

I have rang Samsung they say ring  now tv. I’ve rung now tv they say ring Samsung

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The fancy new Home section feature dropped support for subtitles, at least on Samsung TV. This is a huge let down.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you so much

Can I ask how you got this info?

I must have spent over 2 hours talking to Samsung and Now tv and no one could give me that information. They have had me resetting and alsorts

Thanks again for replying
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's just a guess. But seems quite likely that an undesired issue with subtitles has been introduced since the latest NOW TV app update got released.

Also, Samsung TVs are still amongst the list of supported devices with subtitles, so again likely to be a temporary issue. https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this same issue on samsung tv, I can see the subtitles box but the only options to select is "Off". Can't find a way of turning them on. Any ideas?

@Anonymous User wrote:

My tv did update and the subtitles are not working since the update. It’s via the smart hub on Samsung which I have reset 

the speech bubble is highlighted but they are not working at all 

I have rang Samsung they say ring  now tv. I’ve rung now tv they say ring Samsung