cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Streaming limit reached issue

Hi, I have reached my device limit of 6. However I cannot manually log out of the other devices as they are in a different household. I have reset my password and managed permissions to force other devices to log out. However I still get the error message on my devices? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Your best (only) solution is to get customer services to force all the devices off. Then change your password (again) and set up a payment pin.

Once that’s been done, the devices in the other household will no longer be able to use your account.

If they complain, deny all knowledge as to why they can no longer use your account!

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User It does kind of depend on whether these devices in the other household are generally being used with your agreement, or not?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

To add to the advice above, the device limit of six is now irrelevant, and any newly added device will just automatically replace the device with the earliest last-used date/time and no downloads (or the earliest one with downloads if they all have them).

So what you are hitting is the simultaneous streams issue; three allowed with Boost, one without (and two with a very obscure corner case for Now subscribers through BT TV using a YouView box).

The advice is exactly as above to remove these unwanted users though, and the do-it-yourself method you used is still broken (😢) so you have to get Live Chat to do it for you.

I hope also that you have a Payment PIN set, always an essential precaution when use of your account is not under your entire control.

If you know who is sharing your account though, and you are withdrawing permission you previously gave, you should as a matter of courtesy inform them what you are doing and why.

Expect, perhaps, a Now clampdown on multiple use from different landline IP addresses in the future, something Netflix are considering, though Now’s lack of profiles acts as something of a current disincentive to this. And even to accounts legitimately shared within one household 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.