cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spotify

Hi. Think I lost my previous post. Just wondering what Bitrate the Spotify App streams at. I have a NOWTV stick. 
cheers

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A quick Google search i found this linked thread below on the Spotify Community Forum, where somebody mentioned 320kbps with a Premium Spotify Sub on the Roku Player which would be identical to the NOW Stick Spotify App.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/What-is-the-maximum-bitrate-I-can-stream-with-on-spotify-if/td-p/249264 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unless another forum member knows the answer which i don't (my best guess it would top out at 320kbps like most devices with Spotify Premium).

Where Spotify Free with ads is at a lesser bit rate.

You may be better asking Spotify directly who have developed their App on the NOW / Roku Platform.

Or maybe try the Roku Community Forum.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A quick Google search i found this linked thread below on the Spotify Community Forum, where somebody mentioned 320kbps with a Premium Spotify Sub on the Roku Player which would be identical to the NOW Stick Spotify App.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/What-is-the-maximum-bitrate-I-can-stream-with-on-spotify-if/td-p/249264 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks to both. 

As someone points out in that thread, bitrates are very important to audiophiles, so it’s frustrating that they're not advertised -  but that’s very useful to know. 

I also see that Roku have a Tidal app that apparently streams at their “HiFi” quality, so that’s an option too - if I get a Roku stick. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah just checked the Roku UK website and the Tidal App seems to be supported on Roku UK products.

If it was me i would jump over to the Roku Community Forum and do some research with regards to Tidal on Roku Players for bitrates etc.

Or alternatively type something in your internet search engine browser for any information about Roku and the Tidal App before splashing any money out on a Roku Player.

I own a couple of Roku Players, but unfortunately don't use the Tidal music service.

i currently only use Spotify Free and Spotify Premium on occasions, but i am thinking about Amazon Music HD (on my Amazon Fire TV devices) which seems to be most competitive with regards to price for higher bit rate streaming music.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yesterday 15th September 2021 Spotify app was updated to latest version 2.8 beta 90 and was using it last night. When I woke up this morning and turn my now tv smart box with Freeview the app was missing for half an our hour before the app appeared again but it was the last version beta 2.7 beta 16 from 11th September 2019.

Do anyone know when the updated version will appear again. The new version looked much better with voice control and home page been updated and now playing is updated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spotify app with the newly updated version 2.8 beta 90 from Friday 17th September 2021 is back on my Now Smart Box With Freeview.