Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spotify

Spotify

I downloaded Spotify and logged in in every way with pin and manually 

I’ve then had my account up but when I click it it says it can’t open my account. To something so I’ve restarted my tv my WiFi and unsinstalled the app and reinstalled it and it still won’t work help 

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming you are using your Spotify account login details and not your NowTV sign in details when attempting to use the Spotify App ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I am
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I only tried out Spotify once on my NowTV Box and it worked pretty seamlessly and instead of entering my Spotify account by manually typing my details in the on screen box, i just followed the instructions on screen by using the auto setup by using the details directly off the Spotify App off my Smartphone.

Would have said delete the Spotify App and try again on your Stick / Box, but it sounds you have already done this.

The only other thing i would try is a forced software update on your Stick / Box by following step 6 in this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

If you have multiple NowTV Boxes or Sticks does the same happen with the Spotify App on your other devices ?

Other than that i am out of ideas.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User assuming you are using a now tv stick or box go to Spotify on your phone, open the app and start a playlist.

In the bottom left hand corner there is a little symbol of a speaker and it should say 'devices available'. If you click on that does it open a list of available devices that includes 'now tv' (it may have a long id number after it).

If it does, click on that and it should pair your phone to the now TV device. Your account will then appear on your TV screen and you can select functions like skip track etc with your now TV remote.

I've attached some images below.

Saint1976
Elite 3

Screenshot_20200707-181639__01.jpg

Saint1976
Elite 3

Screenshot_20200707-181648.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I tried that and it just played behind the login screen I’ll try again
though Thankyou