cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spotify?

Is there any news on bringing Spotify to the NowTV App Store?

It would be such an amazing addition to the NowTV Package.

20 REPLIES 20
starman73
Elite

Compatible with now tv smart box with Freeview as its not that old. 

Four years old  - The Now TV Smart Box ("Smart Box with Freeview"), coloured black with a blue logo, was launched exclusively in the UK in July 2016.

I am surprised if it is not on that box as it is a higher spec than the original black box.  Would be a shame if it became obsolete as it a very good device, especially if you have a pre-freeview HD TV.  I switched to sticks on our TVs as we had to buy a couple of new TVs in recent years.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User I have a black box and Spotify is there in the app store under music.

This page below has a link about half way down which opens a pdf of all the apps available. The list was updated last week and Spotify is on the list.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-apps-are-available-on-now-tv-box-stick

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 

The list says box and Stick, but is unsatisfactory because, as per the feedback I left:-

You talk about box and Stick, but there have been three boxes, white, black and Smart (Freeview), You need to make it clear which of these apps don’t work on one or more of these devices.

Below that, though, it talks about BT Sport, and specifically mentions that the Freeview box will be supported.

So my working hypothesis is that everything should work on every device, except for the white box, where the new stuff probably won’t, but still best if this is specifically mentioned.

And if Spotify isn’t on the Freeview box, this is probably a mistake, rather than a limitation of that box.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Have you gone to the App Store and clicked add app???

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It is not showing in the App Store at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spotify app has arrived on my now tv smart box with Freeview box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I forgot to say it arrived in my apps.

sb64
Scholar 2

Keep checking spotify only just appeared today on my now tv freeview box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great to see the Spotify app added to my NOW TV Smart Stick this morning, got it going quickly.

Thanks NOW TV 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What  now devices are Spotify compatible to.