cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry, something went wrong

Hi,

Using Sony TV and a Roku Box, Now TV is playing up. I keep getting the message "Sorry, something went wrong. Please try again later, or head to our Help site to get in touch.". I try again later and it is as though it has totally forgotten where I was in the film, as it takes me back to pre problems, so I have to fast forward through to get to where I was.  Watch for a short while and message appears again. This happens to any programme I watch on NowTV.

This does not happen with Netflix, Amazon Prime etc which I also watch through the Roku box.

Something else to note. If I start a programme from the start .... then the error message comes up. The programme does not even appear in my Continue Watching.

This problem has been ongoing now for around 5 days. I reset the Roku box in case it was that, but makes no difference. But as I said earlier, it is only NowTV this happens to.

Any ideas? Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You are not alone, where here's one example of another thread in this link below.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Content-Issues-Missing-Episodes/Something-went-wrong/m-p/544947#M16413 

I am not experiencing this error message myself, but i am using a NowTV 4K box and not the older black box which seems to be more problematic from what i can tell (though a couple of other people have mentioned Youview boxes with the same error message).

I have also flagged up the above linked post to the NowTV Community Manager to see if he is aware of a more widespread issue with the NowTV software on certain NowTV devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My problem seems to have solved itself. Watched a lot of NowTV yesterday and no error message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don,t think Now tv will give you any help DiF52. I and many others have had the exact same problem over the same period of time and Now tv do not give a dam. Have you tried live chat😆? Good luck with that as nobody can get hold of them.😤

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. I have tried live chat but can't get anyone to respond to it. It's a real pain in the proverbial! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just went to NowTV page and their have the message as in the screenshot below. So maybe there is hope after all!! ..... Will have to wait and see. I am assuming they are referring to "something went wrong...." ! 🙂Capture.JPG

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This happened also last month and I had to Set up my account again 

message said it did not have my payment details so I set up again using a new card as old was about to expire who payments were taken from each card 

how do I get refund 

very frustrating 

please help

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the same error and I have a Roku device... I renewed my pass yesterday as I had a 6 month one and now have gone to monthly... I refused the Boost pass as I don't need it... and thought it was something to do with that as it hadn't happened before but so many people have this problem from the look of the threads. It is so frustrating!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this exact problem to, so lots of people with one problem and what response have we got from nowTV?