cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djdannyb
Mentor

Sky sports not working on fire TV

Hi all 

I've been having problems with sky sports on my fire TV app. It will play the sounds just not the picture. All other channels work, ie movies etc. Anyway I've changed my platform of watching the app through my Xbox. And the app is working fine. On all channels. I hope this helps solve the sky sports situation happening on the fire TV platform. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Djdannyb 

Have you;

• made sure the fire stick is fully updated?
  • tried deleting and reinstalling the app?
  • unplugged both fire stick and your router for a few minutes?

Otherwise report to staff via live chat. Which is accessed by clicking “Chat online” within the green box. Don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or email support using the address in the below picture.

0A3AF5F0-05D1-44E5-AFDC-BF0B742FEF6E.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Djdannyb
Mentor

I really hope this helps many others as it has myself 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Djdannyb 

Have you;

• made sure the fire stick is fully updated?
  • tried deleting and reinstalling the app?
  • unplugged both fire stick and your router for a few minutes?

Otherwise report to staff via live chat. Which is accessed by clicking “Chat online” within the green box. Don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or email support using the address in the below picture.

0A3AF5F0-05D1-44E5-AFDC-BF0B742FEF6E.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Djdannyb
Mentor

Hi Gav. Thanks, I've tried both of what you said. And also reported it to now. 

Looking on the other answer to my question. I'm using a Samsung TV with the new fire cube. So seems as though it's affecting certain models . Mine being one of them. 

Thankyou for taking the time to help 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

Sounds like @Djdannyb is using something like the JVC Fire TV where the NOW Technical Team are aware of an issue with sound but no picture on Sky Sports.

Looking over on Twitter it's also affecting Amazon Fire Stick / Box users, though my Amazon Fire Stick 4K is still running fine using the NOW App watching live Sky Sports.

Also it is always a good idea to have a back up player on a different platform for NOW or any other streaming App.

chromechemist
Advocate

My TCL fireTV having similar problem, plugged in Fire stick and its OK. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling NOWTV app. made no difference, first got problem yesterday.