cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky sports news app not working

I currently have a now tv entertainment pass which has also given me access to sky sports news. However when I click to watch it now it asks me to purchase a sky sports pass.

Now tv advertises that buying any pass gives you access to sky sports news but on speaking to the really unhelpful now tv advisor via the chat he said I can’t watch it because I don’t have a sky sports pass. Strange as it’s always worked before. Anyone know if Now tv has changed there policy?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Somebody else mentioned this recently and i am not aware of a change of nowtv policy when watching Sky Sports News.

I have an entertainment pass and SSN still works for me.

According to their help centre article there is no change from what i can see.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-sky-sports-news-hq-app-on-now-tv-box-stick

What happens if you bypass the SSN App and go straight to the Sky Sports News EPG ?

Also i am assuming when you go into the NowTV App on your box / stick under My Account it shows that your entertainment pass is active.

Can only suggest the usual stuff like log out & back in again, reboot your nowtv device & router, force a software up date on your nowtv device and last resort try a factory reset. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mines doing exactly the same and I have an entertainment pass and movie and have always watched it but now it's asking for a sports pass no warning from now tv nothing just to sign up for mobile one but it's not the same on your phone 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Have you tried rebooting both the nowtv box or nowtv stick and your router by disconnecting the power for about 30 secs to see if Sky Sports News then plays without asking you to buy a sports pass ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes and updated but still the same 🤔

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If your other passes such as movies or entertainment or kids is showing under My Account on the NowTV App and you have tried everything i have mentioned in the other posts on here.

Then i don't know what else to suggest apart from speaking to live chat.

Before speaking to live chat, you could try one last thing which is go to settings on the nowtv box or stick, then select systems, then select Advanced system settings, then network connection reset, then click on reset connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve tried all of the above, spoken to chat who also couldn’t come up with a solution. It’s now been sent to the technical team for them to look into. As yet no solution though.