cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

STV Player

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a nowtv box and just want to know if STV Player is available.  From what I can read it isn't.

If that's the case can someone confirm if you can watch ITV player in Scotland?

Thanks!

36 REPLIES 36
BicBasher
Elite

@Anonymous User You can use a postcode from Dumfries & Galloway or the Borders as ITV covers that part of Scotland. (Or England, Wales or NI)  Amazon Fire TV or Stick have STV Player for Scottish customers.

ITV Player has recently been made available in Northern Ireland after ITV acquired UTV.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Aw il give that a try thanks never thought of that
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesn't help with STV programmes that aren't shown on ITV.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  can I suggest you raise that with ITV as app owners.  There should be a help section with details on how to contact them on the app.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't think STV player is a ITV app.   I'm pretty sure STV would make it available so it's up to SKY really.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  it is a third party app.  Do you have the contact details for STV?

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

I agree with @4268. NOW TV do not make or have any control over any of the supplied third-party apps!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

any news on nowTV providing this? I bought box thinking I'd get ITV1 and not getting it. Fed up doing catch up on the laptop. Wondered if it'd be coming soon?
Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User put in a postcode from England any will do and you can watch ITV 1
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks, I'll give it a try now.