cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

STV Player

Hi, I'm thinking of buying a nowtv box and just want to know if STV Player is available.  From what I can read it isn't.

If that's the case can someone confirm if you can watch ITV player in Scotland?

Thanks!

36 REPLIES 36
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User no STV player (and I've not heard of any plans) ITV player is available, however if you provide a Scottish postcode ITV1 content will be unavailable, leaving you with ITV2, 3, 4 and Be.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If you input an English postcode you will get everything available on ITV1, Corrie, etc.  You will not get any STV programs though.  It's a pain, my Smart TV doesn't support STV player either.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I am watching itv player in Scotland. If content is missing, I change the postcode to an english one and you will generally find it.

huxley123
Scholar 2

It's a pity, STV Player seems to have some great archive content I'd like to watch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would also like to get regional TV channels- specifically the Irish TV channels - can I download the RTE player and the TV3 player please? These apps are already available on the Google Play store. Can NOW TV make them available so I can choose to download them?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the NOW TV box isn't an Android device. These companies would first need to make an app to run on Roku before NOW TV could consider adding them to their store. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can I not get STV Player. Itv player is no good.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User because STV never made an app for you to use. You'll need to pester them. For the time being if you lie to the ITV Player about your location you can watch shows from ITV1, although any exclusive Scottish programmes would be missing.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How come you can get an stv app for you iPad and not NOW TV