cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanaDavidson
Mentor

STV Player unable to pause

Hi, just wondering if anybody else has had this issue. I’m using the Now TV stick by the way. So when I try to play something on the STV Player it loads and plays fine but if you pause it, it will not play again and does not remember the place so you can’t resume if you go back, the only option is to play from the start.

19 REPLIES 19
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LanaDavidson 

That being said we’ve subscribed to ITVX premium and not only do you get no adverts but also get BritBox at no extra charge.

From what I’ve used of the app on my Amazon Fire stick I’m very impressed with it so far. Waiting for my Sony YouView to be fully updated with it, annoyingly the hub now has the ITVX user interface but in a phased approach they haven’t given it HD yet…….😳

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, that's odd. I have just tested STV Player again on my iPhone, picked an on demand programme at random, left it for about an hour and when I went back it picked up right where it had left off.

LanaDavidson
Mentor

Yeah it’s fine on my phone and iPad too, and another now tv stick in another room, it’s just this one stick that seems to be the problem 🤷‍♀️

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LanaDavidson 

In fairness the NOW sticks are awful, not as good as the smart boxes. All NOW devices are no longer made or even sold.

If you’re still having issues I’d go for either an Amazon Fire or Roku stick. Much more reliable.

LanaDavidson
Mentor

Yeah if it was just for the apps I would, but we don’t have sky tv any other way so we do watch some of the live channels and box sets through the entertainment package and that’s really why we got it in the first place.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LanaDavidson 

Both devices I stated fully support NOW and many more apps than the restricted NOW devices.

On both devices the apps operate in the same manner so you’ll be able to watch Live TV vía ITVX, All4, My5, UKTV Play to name a few.

Its what we use when travelling so we have everything with us that we would in the house.

LanaDavidson
Mentor

Ah wow I didn’t realise that, will definitely look into getting one of those then, thank you! 😊

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LanaDavidson 
From personal preference I have two Amazon Fire sticks. Which I’ve had very little issues with. 

Even better that you can purchase Ethernet adapters and connect via wire so you’re not relying on Wi-Fi. 

The good thing with the Amazon fire sticks is they are usually on sale for a decent price. If you were to get one I would avoid the “Lite” version of the stick.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Just for balance, I prefer Roku devices, not least because you don't have Amazon prying on you.  😉

Whilst not a "stick" as such,  the Roku Express 4K is a diminutive device which connects in a similar way. Currently on offer for £29.99 at, um, Amazon!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LanaDavidson 

As long as it’s listed as a supported device on this link you can use any of the memberships on it.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now