cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LanaDavidson
Mentor

STV Player unable to pause

Hi, just wondering if anybody else has had this issue. I’m using the Now TV stick by the way. So when I try to play something on the STV Player it loads and plays fine but if you pause it, it will not play again and does not remember the place so you can’t resume if you go back, the only option is to play from the start.

19 REPLIES 19
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LanaDavidson 

Can you delete/reinstall the app?

Have you unplugged the router and stick for a few minutes?

Otherwise you will need to report direct with STV.
https://www.stv.tv/info/contact

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
LanaDavidson
Mentor

I’ve tried unplugging/resetting but that didn’t seem to work. I’m now also having issues with ITVX, which I’ve been using instead. I think deleting and reinstalling might be the way to go, however I can see how to delete an app but I can’t see anywhere to add or download apps so if anyone knows how to do this I’d be very grateful!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @LanaDavidson

To reach the Apps Store on either a NOW Stick or NOW box, you need to press the back button on the remote whilst on the NOW home screen page.

Then a menu will appear on the left hand side including options such has Apps Store, Settings etc. 

LanaDavidson
Mentor

Thank you, I’ve just done that as well but to no avail. Really can’t understand it!

redchiz1
Champion 2

Have you tried it on other devices? I have just tested on my iPhone and it works fine, along with forward and back cycling 10 second options. This with catch up obviously, only pause and restart are offered for live programmes. And then pause only works briefly, before reverting to live. Mind you this is ITVX, not being in Scotland. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@LanaDavidson 

If I were you change your post code to a English one to get full access to ITVX. That's what I have done and I live in Edinburgh.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@gavs82008 Depends on whether it's live, or catchup. I have just downloaded the STV app and it behaves the same as I described earlier. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Very true bud, that being said I have only used the app once. And for the life of me can't remember what it was for. 

@LanaDavidson 

Are you trying to watch on demand content or is it Live streams?

LanaDavidson
Mentor

It’s on demand content I’m trying to watch. I have sorted out the ITVX issue though, well it was t really an issue it was just me not being used to the new way they have done it. I guess I’ll just have to use it instead of STV player, I just preferred stv because I just found it better and there is less adverts. Oh well, first world problems I suppose!