cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ruined Sunday plans - NO Xfactor or Towie on catch-up

Hi there,

I have been extremely frustrated by the service of my NowTV box this weekend, and questioning what exactly I am paying for. It is Monday at 5am and I still cannot access Xfactor from Saturday or Sunday on my NowTV catch up, nor can I access Towie from Sunday. When I go on ITV hub through Now TV, The Xfactor is not even featured despite being one of the most watched weekend shows. When I go through the tedious and poorly designed search feature, I can only find last weekend's Xfactor. I had my friends round on Sunday to have an Xfactor takeaway binge and our plans were completely ruined.

What angers me further is when I go on ITV player on my phone, it is clear this website is a million times more comprehensive and accurate than that accessible through NowTV. The Xfactor was the first show listed, and both weekend shows were accessible. Hence non-paying customers have better TV services than NowTV paying customers!! Sadly ITV player won't allow Apple TV mirroring of The Xfactor video - so I cannot watch it on the big screen. What a ruined Sunday thanks to disgraceful NowTV. Please can you explain what is going on, and why am I even paying for such a pathetic service?

Secondly, as a paying customer, why am I forced to watch nonsense adverts I have no interest in? This is completely and utterly unacceptable, I pay for a service and expect only that.

Finally, why don't you invest all the money you've made from your annoying adverts to include a better remote, a record feature, a remind feature, and to allow us to access programmes for more than 30 days.

Not a happy customer at all. Considering requesting a full refund and moving to Virgin. So disappointment my new home is not compatible with Sky - same company but clearly you are getting what you pay for. Complete shambles.

For anyone who hasn't yet signed up to Now Tv and watches more than an hour of TV a week, trust me and avoid like the plague.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you 😄 no I’ve tried that..unfortunately it’s not. Sometimes it appears.. I click on it and it disappears

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yay! 😄😄😄😄😄 thank you so much... you have helped more in one message than 3 hours on the phone to the chat line
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  glad it helped.

@Anonymous User good news is ITV Hub updated the app yesterday so now clicking a show will automatically bring up a list of all available episodes to choose from, instead of messing around playing the latest episode each time, should make life a bit easier.

PS just to check you were aware you don't have to subscribe to any NOW TV passes to use ITV Hub, all the BBC, ITV, 4 and 5 apps will work whether you have a NOW TV pass or not.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Pleased for you .,: not for me 👎
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Omg uninstalled and reinstalled itv hub 3 times..still no x factor
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Are you sure you're not electromagnetic or something? Cat Frustrated

Which X-Factor are you trying to watch? Last weekend's are showing for me - open up the Hub, go down to A-Z and check under T (I think it's about the 27th along or something). 

If it's not there, did you enter an English postcode into the Hub - press * to bring up settings and check under Location.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No doesn’t work but thank you so much
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Like @Andy mentioned are you using an English post code in the settings of the ITV Hub App ?

If yes, then perhaps try a forced software update by following step 6 on this help guide page linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes done that thanks appreciate help but did work in it .,. It’s not me it’s the crap package
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User why not try the STV app with a Scottish postcode.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don’t know a Scottish post code but thank you 😘I pay and think it should work for me x