cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku

When i move my roku from one tv to another why do i have to reregister it as a new device with now tv

3 REPLIES 3
nowswaish
Scholar 3

You don’t. I often move mine ( Roku Stick ) and it stays registered. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There’s something wrong with Roku Sticks, or NowTV ON Roku Sticks, certainly.

I tried to watch NowTV yesterday on my Roku Stick+, in the same HDMI port where I last watched it, and it told me I was out of device slots. Even though My Account/Devices showed that Roku Stick (my only one) as registered.

So it’s not just moving a Roku Stick that shows up the problem - it’s the mere fact of having one.

And people with multiple Roku Sticks are having multiple problems with this, and have been reporting them on the Community.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
nowswaish
Scholar 3

Having answered with confidence having never had an issue I did today. Watching the cricked on two devices, Now stick on lounge TV and Roku stick on kitchen TV. Lunchtime the kitchen TV came up with a message that I was streaming on too many devices.

Checked online and three devices were registered. Lounge TV, Kitchen TV and a new Roku. Kitchen TV last used at eleven something, new Roku not used.

Powered  down the Roku the rebooted it and started streaming. Checked online and new Roku now shown as streaming, Kitchen TV showing same last used time.

It seems Now TV registered the Roku existing as a second device whilst I was watching it! Very strange.