cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Remote app?

Hi everyone, 

Just wondering if there's such a thing as a NowTV remote app that I can download? We're forever mislaying our proper remote. 

I wasn't sure if a Roku remote would work but unfortunately it doesn't .

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you have any of the nowtv boxes or the nowtv stick then i would have thought the Roku Remote App should work.

You would need to make sure that your smartphone or tablet with the Remote App was on the same network has your nowtv device.

If you have the NowTV Freeview smart box then you would also need to use a Wake On Lan WOL App to switch on the box from its deep sleep hibernation mode before you can use the Roku Remote App on this box.

Also if you ever factory reset your NowTV box or stick, then you would need the physical NowTV remote controller to initially set up the device before you can use the Roku Remote App again.

I noticed on the Android Play Apps Store that there are other third party Roku style remote Apps.

Perhaps give them a try to see if they work for you (never used them myself, where i have only tried the official Roku Remote App).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Ive got the new 4k box. 

I have tried both the official Roku app and also other apps but they're unable to detect any Roku devices. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you still got the NowTV smart remote or is it lost ?

If you can put your hands on the nowtv smart remote, i would double check in the NowTV box settings under Advanced System Settings, then select Control By Mobile Apps that it is set to Default and not Disabled.

Other than that if you are using a dual band router make sure your NowTV smart box and smartphone are either both on 2.4ghz or 5ghz wifi bands.

Should you be still getting no joy, maybe pop over to the Roku Forum and see if anybody over there can help (unless somebody on here knows the answer).

Sorry i couldn't help further.

If you do finally get it sorted, then let us know because i for one would like to know how you resolved it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestions.

We still have the original remote and the settings are set to default. 

I think I will head over to the other forum which you mentioned as we are always losing the remote. 

Thanks again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s an old thread but just was searching for same and found a easy solution:

I have a Now TV Stick and successfully paired with Roku app

1. Download the official Roku app onto your device
  2. open app on your device > controls > tap three bars on top > switch device > tap 3 dots on top > connect manually > this will prompt you for IP address
  3. now open Now TV app on TV > settings > system > take a note of IP address and enter it on Roku App on your devise and hola!!!!!

Cool thing is you can now switch audio to play on your device via Roku app while watching TV

Hope it helps other people 😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

FYI - for point 2 above - you might directly taken to connect your device Then > tap 3 dots on top > connect manually > this will prompt you for IP address

and continue to next step