cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: R303 error in MLB TV App

No remedy yet, but I have got MLB’s ear and am engaging them actively. They were offering a myriad of solutions last night (which included my accessing secret menus on the Now box) but the bottom line is that the latest MLB app we can update to is several versions out of date according to MLB. So they were trying to get me to secret screens where I could access updates from the USA, but I was unable to actually select the option I needed to make this happen. So I’m now waiting for a further reply off them.

Highlighted
Advocate

Interesting. Is there an easy way to find the MLB app version? I could check what version I have on my other Roku and Firestick devices.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

According to MLB last night:  The current app version should be 6.6 build 3.

(we are on 6.4 here!)

Highlighted
Advocate

Interestingly, my Roku box is 6.6 build 3, and my Firestick is 6.4.1.1. and both work fine.

Like you, my NowTV box is also 6.4.

So, it looks like the issue is with Now TV not picking up the correct version from MLB.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

And... we’re back to square one with MLB. The “hack” they thought would sort it out no longer works (which of course I learned last night)! I’ve gone back to ask what they’re going to do for us now...

I’ll aim at Now customer service next as MLB will in all likelihood wash their hands of the issue seeing as it is technically not their problem.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

Well done for sticking with it.

It sounds like it is down to NowTV, as their system of picking up updates seems tyo have lost it's connection to MLB, as it won't allow the box to pick up the latest version.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

My thought exactly! Have emailed Now complaint about it- they should reimburse the cost of our MLB subs if they are preventing us from access. (The Now chat bot was a useless joke of course, if I remember from a few years ago their customer service is a disaster even on the best of days!)

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I am talking to someone there right now via chat.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

OK, so I have asked them to escalate the issue to their 2nd/3rd line teams, telling them that they must have a problem with their interface with MLB, as the latest version is not available, and that there are many having the same issue. 

They say they'll get back in 24-48 hours. We live in hope.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Awesome! I only got the annoying bot. Fingers crossed they get it sorted before we lose anymore days...

0 Thanks