cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Poor wifi

Hi any suggestions please, joined nowtv broadband and can't cast without constant buffering,also cant email in kitchen, I had talktalk before and had no problems with them. My speed as with talktalk is around 6/7 can't get fibre were we are. 

13 REPLIES 13
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

6/7 is just marginally acceptable, casting adds extra demands, and with weak WiFi, you have the perfect storm here.

One or more of the devices here may help with the weak WiFi.

If casting still buffers after that, see if you can use a direct device so you don’t have to cast, e.g. a NowTV Stick on your TV instead of casting the NowTV app from a phone or tablet.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks rob, I think its just crappy Nowtv, there's a lot of bad reviews
about nowtv,
Got to admit they are CRAP.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV is great when it works, as it usually does for me.

But I could wish they were more responsive when things go wrong for people.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi rob, thanks, some suggested unsychronizing 2.4 and 5 rename each one by adding 2.4 etc at end of original name so you know which channel your on, did this and there is an improvement.

I am channel 7 at the moment and will be trying the others.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

so poor! i wanna cry! and there is no one to help. no one to call! I made really bad choice of choosing now tv

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Nobody can help you unless you say what the problem is 😥

Anonymous User
Not applicable
really?? is that what you think? so I am waiting for chat to load for 30 minutes today.. nope didnt load… decided to call again like tuesday. 50 minutes waiting time till someone pick up the phone, been promised phone call back at 12:15 ?? do you think someone called? i am logged in to work wifi. I live at work - luckily I can switch to work wifi!

sorry what did you say?

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

This Community, largely replied on by volunteers, customers like yourself, can answer all sorts of questions without keeping you on a chat line for ages.

But we can’t handle billing and account queries, for which you have no alternative but to use Live Chat.

You have said above that getting in touch with Live Chat is unsatisfactory (as we know it can be), but you still haven’t said why you are trying.

If you want to carry on ranting, be my guest, if it makes you feel better. But I shan’t reply again.

However, if you want want some help, and you have a query that is not to do with billing or your account (and even some that are), then please calm down and state it here, and we can see where to go from there.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I need an engeneer please! I need you to contact openreach and get one  of the man down to me, to extend the phone-broadband line to  my upper flat.  I am not getting a signal with  BT extender on the upper level of flat! I work from home and I am not able to  work.. SO imagine the frustration ... Anyway...  sorry to be pain and angry... but this is going on since I actually started with now tv and that's a month now... I really need a good strong wifi internet and I am paying super speed the most expensive one.. plus line rental plus this and that., entertainment package and  nothing works for 60 pounds a month, Do you think I would be happy on the chat. And sorry again 🙂

R u able to Help?
Show original message