cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datman
Advocate

Phillips SMart tv and Nowtv router

wonder if anyone can shed any light on this issue.

Phillips smart tv working fine with Nowtv Black router for many months, went to watch you tube and tv pops message up saying it needs to connect to the internet  , it goes through the motions and  sees the router but  then says it cant connect to it, have reset the tv same error have hard reset the router same error, what ever i try it fails to connect to the router ,2 phones and a laptop are connecting fine to the router, havent changed any settings in the router at all so i am stumped as to why the tv wont connect , any suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@datman 

Try turning off IPV6 in the router settings.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@datman 

Have you tried any other apps or just YouTube?

Are you connected via ethernet or wi-fi?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @datman 

A couple of people have reported seeing this message on the YouTube App with NOW Broadband using different internet devices.

I am a NOW Broadband customer and use the YouTube App quite regularly on various playback devices and so far I haven't come across the message.

Other people have tried downloading a fresh YouTube App without success and still getting the same message.

Do you have internet data on your smartphone and if so try a temporary wifi hotspot between your phone and Smart TV to see if the YouTube App then plays to eliminate a conflict between the YouTube App on your TV and NOW Router.

You could try disabling Broadband Buddy in your NOW online account, but I doubt this would be of any help especially if YouTube App is running on other devices.

I would also try Googling the symptoms just in case it more widespread with YouTube and not only NOW Broadband related.

RoyB
Legend

@datman 

Try turning off IPV6 in the router settings.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
datman
Advocate

The problem was  no internet access on the tv at all not just you tube, fixed by trying the wps button and setting up that way,  which is very strange as normally using the standard setup sees the router and connects to the router with no issues at all 🙂