cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirst1
Mentor

Peacock TV

Hello all, can anyone tell me how to get Peacock TV with the Now Entertainment package? And if I cancel,  but the cancellation doesn't take place until the end of the month, does this affect things? All thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Kirst1 

Likely anything you can watch Now on will also have the BBC iPlayer as an app, where my wife has recently greatly enjoyed all 12 episodes of ‘The Traitors’ on catchup. 

For free, or at least for no more that our annual TV licence fee. And still available; I’ve just checked for you.

It is unwise, when looking for content you can watch in the UK, to consult information for other countries. Not only does it tell you about stuff you can’t get, it tells you that the stuff you can get is in some other place, where you can’t get it 😛

I recommend JustWatch, set for the UK and your streaming subscriptions, where even if I know something is available, it will tell me the free, or if not the cheapest, place to get it from.

Re your other question, if you cancel part-way through a month, you still get access for the rest of that monthsworth of days; what Cancel really cancels is the auto-renewal that would otherwise happen after that month.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kirst1 

All you need is the NOW app and navigate to the entertainment section to see the option to select channels. In there Peacock should be at the end.

However to warn you Peacock UK is dire compared to US. The content library is vastly different and not in a good way. 
Also 90% of the content is duplicated from existing content from Sky owned channels and due to expire sometime this year.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Kirst1
Mentor

We're looking particularly for a show called 'The Traitors' which was also aired in UK and Australia released on January 12th. UK version was on BBC and Australian version was on Daily Motion for free. We'll worth checking out! Thanks for your help! 😉

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Kirst1 

If you know what your looking for you can be nosy without an active membership, so you can check before you buy. 

When your Google searching and it says it’s on Peacock it most likely means the US version only unfortunately. Some Peacock originals like Bel-Air will be on the UK version.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Kirst1
Mentor

Brilliant advice! Thanks ever so much for replying, incredibly useful advice! Hope you have a happy 2023!

Martin_14
Expert

Some of articles are offen misleading.

RoyB
Legend

@Kirst1 

Likely anything you can watch Now on will also have the BBC iPlayer as an app, where my wife has recently greatly enjoyed all 12 episodes of ‘The Traitors’ on catchup. 

For free, or at least for no more that our annual TV licence fee. And still available; I’ve just checked for you.

It is unwise, when looking for content you can watch in the UK, to consult information for other countries. Not only does it tell you about stuff you can’t get, it tells you that the stuff you can get is in some other place, where you can’t get it 😛

I recommend JustWatch, set for the UK and your streaming subscriptions, where even if I know something is available, it will tell me the free, or if not the cheapest, place to get it from.

Re your other question, if you cancel part-way through a month, you still get access for the rest of that monthsworth of days; what Cancel really cancels is the auto-renewal that would otherwise happen after that month.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Martin_14
Expert

Deleted.

Martin_14
Expert
Kirst1
Mentor

Thanks all for your valiant and sterling answers. 🙂