Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 

What device?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@superglo2012 

And after how long? There’s a limited pause buffer, size device-dependent, and when it is exhausted, live will revert.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
superglo2012
Scholar 3

This is on demand and nothing to do with payments

superglo2012
Scholar 3

nothing to do with payments this is on demand

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@superglo2012 

Assuming you have one of these devices and referring to live TV, as mentioned by @RoyB it will "give up" after 30 mins and continue playing.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the supported devices below: 

• All NOW devices (NOW Smart Stick, NOW Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search, NOW Smart Box with Freeview, black NOW Box) 
  • All Roku devices
  • BT TV Box.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
superglo2012
Scholar 3

No you cannot as the whole system is now ridiculous, the way it is set out on demand, the layout is worse than ever, you have to scroll all the way down to get to a channel, I am watching on a Roku where the now tv boxes are anyway, this will not pause for 30 minutes, and starts up on its own without touching remote.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB @gavs82008 

Hopefully @superglo2012 will come back with more information and confirm if it's live TV or on Demand / catchup and also confirm if it happening on all NOW content if on catchup and how long before the pause is lost without touching the remote.

Where when I read the first post it suggests to me it's happening watching a TV Show on Demand and not live TV (might have read it wrong though).

I have tried a on Demand TV show episode and on Demand Movie on my Roku for around 5 minutes and the pause remained paused on the TV screen.

Haven't got access to either a NOW Stick or NOW Box to test on at the moment.

superglo2012
Scholar 3

I do not watch live this is on demand tv

RoyB
Legend

@superglo2012 @schnapps @gavs82008 

Ah, I read ‘pause-on-demand’ rather than ‘pause On Demand’. So ICBW 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.