cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV app connection issues on Roku

I am currently having issues with the NowTV app on my Roku streaming player. It keeps saying internet connection lost, and almost instantaneously saying internet connection restored but then chucking me off the thing that I am watching. So... here are the points:

- Every other app on my Roku is working perfectly (Netflix, Prime, YouTube, Roku TV etc).

- I have tried multiple times reinstalling the NowTV app on my Roku.

- I have tried a different Roku streaming player which has the same issues.

- I have reset my Wifi

- I have set up guest wifi separating the 2G ang 5G signals

- I have put the Wifi into fixed channels (for both split and combined signals)

- I have changed the wifi to older settings (only B/G etc) (again for both split and combined signals)

I seriously running out of thoughts now. I still don't get how every other app works fine apart from Now - and they all still work fine after all those changes - just now NowTV???

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of people have reported this over the last month or so.

Have you tried a temporary test using your smartphone has a wifi spot with the phones internet mobile data (if you have this) just to eliminate something on your Broadband Router causing a conflict on the Roku NOW App.

You could try a search on the Community Forum and perhaps tag another forum member in the past who had the same exact issue to see if they resolved it somehow.

The NOW App on my Roku Stick Plus is running fine when using my NOW Hub 2 Router with no loss of internet connection when using the NOW App on it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks @schnapps ,

I'll give that a go and see what happens - and check out the other threads.

There is something else that we have noticed that is really wierd.... if we use the same Roku boxes in our bedroom (which is further away from the router) then the NowTV app works fine!?!?

I would have thought this would be the other way round. I can't really move the roter further away from my TV so i'm not sure where to even start with that as an issue.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Does the Roku boxes offer Ethernet ?

If so, can you run an Ethernet cable if you reckon the Router is close ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps 

No sadly not but I think I have sorted it for now.

After looking at all the posts on this forum the problem always seemed to be with Roku Express boxes so I have swapped it out with an older Roku box that is not an Express and that seems to be working ok. It is a little slower but everything works which is good enough for me. Again to be wierd, the Express box is now upstairs and appears to be working fine also as it is now further away from the router.

So... I have no idea what the issue is but at least it is sorted. 🙂

Thanks for your help and support!