cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv app on roku express not working

My now tv app has stopped working on my roku express. It loads, you can see programmes but when you try to watch it you get red band across top saying it can’t log you in & to try again later. I have tried rebooting rooter, unplugging express stick & a hard reset to no avail.  Can anyone help. I am on software version 9.0.0 build 4083-51

5 REPLIES 5
Wiltshire2013
Scholar

Hi, just saw your post about Now TV on a Roku Express. I’m on the same build & software number as you (the most recent available) but I am able to stream successfully - i’ve just been able to start a movie and watch some live Sky Sports channels. Have you tried a system restart of the Roku box? This normally works if I have an issue with any of the apps. Alternatively, it might be worth checking & resetting your network connections in the network section of the Roku menu to make sure your Express is connected to the internet correctly or has the most stable connection. You could also try signing in/out of the Now TV app. Finally, it’s always worth doing a manual software update on your Roku, just in case you have a slightly out of date version of the Now TV app. Have you been able to login to, & stream from, any other apps - like BBC iPlayer?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have tried a system restart. I did a hard reset in which I reconnected my roku express to my router. It won’t let me sign in to nowtv. Netflix & other apps all work. It’s really frustrating. I have switched router off/on & still no luck. Any other ideas?

Wiltshire2013
Scholar

Really odd. Sorry if I made suggestions you had already tried. Seems to be something specific to the app and how it’s trying to connect to NOW TV. My final suggestion would be to delete (remove) the app & reinstall it. Have you tried signing in online to your NOW TV account just to check all your account details are correct? Failing everything else, might be worth doing a full factory reset on your Express & trying to set everything up again from fresh - obviously just be sure you have some spare device slots on your account just in case NOW TV registers the Express as a new device after a factory reset. Sorry if you meant a factory reset when you said you’d done a hard reset. One final thing. When you say it won’t let you sign in, do you mean that when you access the NOW TV app and scroll down to ‘My account’ (at the bottom, left hand side) you are not already signed in and when you click on ‘sign in’ you get the error message you described?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, because I did a factory reset I have had to sign into all apps again. The only one that won’t let me is the nowtv app.  I will try reinstalling app again. Thanks for your suggestions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you ever get this working as im having the same problem