cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv on Roku 4k streaming stick

Hi all

new to community here, maybe it's been answered before, if so sorry about it.

just bought online a Roku 4k streaming stick for a second tv set, using it from Republic of Ireland, I already use a chromecast in for another TV set to use Now TV, but on the Roku stick the now tv channel is not available even though the stick was advertised as capable of handling it.

any help?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't believe the full Roku Players including the 4K Roku Stick Plus is supported in the Republic of Ireland the last time i checked 😠.

Did you buy the Roku Player in the Republic of Ireland and if so does it show or mention NowTV on the box outer packing ?

https://www.nowtv.com/ie/about/devices 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI 

I bought it from Amazon and It was shipped from UK, there's nothing geo related to ireland, everything is made for UK market and then adapted

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Last time i checked the full blown Roku Players are not supported when using the NowTV App in the Republic of Ireland.

Maybe go to the Republic of Ireland website and under the Help Centre section of the website check the help guide article on "what devices are supported in the ROI " when using the NowTV App or alternatively get in touch with NowTV live chat for confirmation either way.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @schnapps 

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/235044948-roku-search-partners

Great Britain

• Google Play Movies & TV
• Netflix
• NOW TV
• SnagFilms Watch Free Movies

Ireland

• Netflix
• Popcornflix
Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB @Anonymous User 

That link that you posted only refers to the Search Partners with Roku devices, where i am assuming the Partners named on the list has priority when doing a search for content on the Roku platform.

You would have thought that because NowTV are not a Search Partner in ROI (where they are in the UK) then the NowTV App is not supported in the Republic of Ireland using Roku Players which is backed up on these two screen shots below.

Screen Shot 1 taken from the NowTV Republic of Ireland website shows "ways to watch NowTV" with no reference to Roku Players being currently supported in the ROI based on the article.

Where Screen Shot 2 taken from the UK NowTV website confirms that UK based customers can use the full blown Roku Players with the NowTV App.

Hopefully things will change in the future where the NowTV App will be offered to Roku users in the ROI.

Screenshot_2019-10-08-18-10-19.png

Screenshot_2019-10-08-18-11-20.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for the help guys