cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stoped working since upgraqde 6.7.1. which was released yesterday

Hi

I am using a Roku stick and today the Now app just reboots when opened.  The app was updated with 6.7.1 which was released yesterday.

We had a similar issue over a year ago and it took weeks to sort out.

No web chat is available to speak to any support person.

So - my question is - how do I flag this to Now.

Why was this a new load not tested with a Roku stick - did they not learn that lesson last time?

Or is this a known issue which will be rectified.

Thank you

20 REPLIES 20
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have a Roku streaming stick 4K and that runs the latest build of the now app (version 6.7 build 1 ) absolutely fine . My Roku did take a firmware update today, though, so it might be a good idea to check for an update 

What is the exact model number of your Roku device?

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I eventually found the web chat.  Congradulations to NOW for hiding it so well.

After a tedious hour of defaulting my Roku stick and having to reload all the passwords etc, support agreed it was a software bug.

So version 6.7.1. dated 3/5/22 has a bug that will not allow the NOW app to load up on a Roku stick.

If you have this issue then you need to report this to support, but do not default your Roku stick as this is now a known issue.

Issue is - click on NOW, it tries to load but returns to the Roku home screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is with a Roku Stick 3500

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Roku sticks software is also fully up to date as well.

Similar fault as a year ago.  Took yonks to get fixed.

Maybe the software design team need to test updated software with a Roku 3500.

It would also be good if the web chat could be placed in place it can be seen.

It would also be good that when the app updates itself the user gets an indication.

It would also be good if users could view a page of known bugs, issues and projected time scales for the fix.

It would also be good if the web chat didn't time out whilst I am doing what the service desk asks.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User which variant of the Roku 3500 do you have? There's the R, X and EU.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi… @Saint1976 @Anonymous User 

Sorry to jump on this thread. My Roku is 3500EU. Software version 11.0.0 (build 4193-09)

I’ve done the system restart, system update. All the same things I had to do when they dropped the “tv” last year and this happened then also. I’m guessing my stick is officially out of date now, as Prime told me few weeks ago that they are “no longer compatible with my device” I’m not sure what else to do other than go and buy a newer model because clearly someone at Now/Sky needs a new Tesla. Apart from throwing the stick in the sea I do not know what else to do. 

Regards 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Marine pollution is to be deprecated - keep the chips away from the fish!

Your local Recycling Centre will deal with it in the most environmentally sound way 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB  not actually will throw into the sea, I just happen to be able to see the sea from my window… 😃

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB  not actually going to throw into the sea, I just happen to be able to see the sea from my window… frustrated a bit that all