cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV not working by on LG tv

Spoiler
I’ve seen a few people post similar issues, but I am unable to find a solution so far. 

I have an LG smart TV and the Now TV app is not working. Usual bits come up with messages such as “Sorry there was an error in the player”. I’ve had a search and followed some steps already on the forums also. 

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app, reset the TV, checked the location, checked the connection and most importantly....turned it off and on again! 

Any other solutions would be greatly appreciated! 
4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming it's a LG Smart TV using Web OS operating system ?

If the fresh NowTV App didn't fix it or a power down by unplugging the TV from the mains for about two minutes.

Then you could try a full factory reset on the TV (i don't own an LG TV, but i believe the factory reset option is somewhere under the TV General settings).

The main problem with a factory reset, that you will have to setup the TV again from scratch.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that.

I already tried the factory reset this morning. That was the last in the list steady on previous forums. It was not fun signing back into everything! 
Do you have any other tricks? 

thanks again 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Nope, unless an LG TV owner has some further suggestions.

You may have to contact both NowTV & LG for further help and support.

I am assuming the error message is locked on any thing when attempting to use the NowTV App and is not happening randomly all the time ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 

So I own 2 LG TVs, both have been used recently (last few days) and no issues at all on either. 

What @Anonymous User has done is more or less what I and no doubt you have suggested. Delete reinstall the app, then if all fails set it back to factory settings. 

All I can suggest to @Anonymous User  is to report the fault with Now TV as @schnapps  has mentioned. 

Can you confirm that your LG isn't a Netcast and it is a WebOS version?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

LG

Selected Smart TV models

Keep in mindThe hayu Pass isn't available on any 2012 or 2013 models, plus some 2014, 2015 and 2016 models. The NOW TV app is no longer supported on LG NetCast TVs.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help