cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV freeview Channels

I have Now TV and just set up on an old TV via the 3 phono cable (it doesnt have HDMI)

I wanted Now TV to give me freeview on a TV that couldnt get it.

Does anyone know how to access standard Freeview TV channels? I have just set up and had to get the free 30 days Sky Movies, but just want a list of the Freeview channels so that I can watch normal TV?

Thanks

48 REPLIES 48
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User drama is not available on catch-up
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ah ok, actual Sky rather than Now. I suspect reason that they told you wasn't available as they would be referring to Now services.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've spent 40 mins searching in vain for the Live tv and just found it straight away thanks to your directions. Was about to return the darn thing. So thank you.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cant watch emmerdale or corrie in the itv hub i got for bedroom not worth £8.00 mth get bbc uplayer 5 ondemad 4 on demand but not itv hub well nothing i watch dont know about youtube dont think so the reason i got box but got 3mths free entertainment pass so not all bad
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. Do you mean the ITV Hub app works but you can't find the shows you want? If so the following post might help

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment/ITV-Hub-player-on-NOW-TV-boxes-can-t-find-shows-or-missing/td-p/436601

If the app won't work at all try removing and adding the app again, or if you still have trouble post back.

PS you don't need to pay for NOW TV passes to use the other apps like BBC, ITV, 4 and 5 - they will all still work even if you cancel your entertainment pass.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Let me say this, be careful the way you set up the now TV box and the way you plug into the TV.    If you are using a V splitter. make sure it is wth right way.  Do not plug the pointed one into the box, You will still get basic TV but not freeviw. 

I made this mistake, Could not get the channels my dad down the road was getting, Thought it was because the arial was pointing the wrong way, Dad gave me a free view box, I still could not get Freeview. Then I tried getting a mail to female coaxial and wired up the arial and the TV differently. I now have all the channels on the now TV box and on my TV that has freeview.  You will have to retune your now TV for the channels. No need for free view box. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

On the back of the box there's an Aerial In port like this

https://www.alphr.com/now-tv-smart-box/1004116/now-tv-smart-box-review-a-more-flexible-sky-tv#2

We have had a Roku Now TV box for over a year now and get all the free view channels you would get on a newer Smart or UHD box. I think we get over 60 free view channels. We live in an apartment so the aerial out port is beside the power sockets/phone WiFi sockets, it's connected to the aerial on the roof. If you don't have one you will need to buy a free view aerial.

This is the coaxial cable you need if you don't have an aerial out port on your wall. They only cost a few pounds you can get them in any electrical store. Tesco and Asda probably sell them too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Coaxial-Aerial-Female-Socket/dp/B0058HGLVW

It might depend on your box or if you have a Now TV USB stick or not. We have the entertainment package but mainly watch free view channels,Film 4, E4, Sony Movies, Really, Dave all the normal free view channels you get 

Sorry for people misleading you but you absolutely get free view channels on Now TV. I hope this helps someone. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

On the back of the box there's an Aerial In port like this

https://www.alphr.com/now-tv-smart-box/1004116/now-tv-smart-box-review-a-more-flexible-sky-tv#2

We have had a Roku Now TV box for over a year now and get all the free view channels you would get on a newer Smart or UHD box. I think we get over 60 free view channels. We live in an apartment so the aerial out port is beside the power sockets/phone WiFi sockets, it's connected to the aerial on the roof. If you don't have one you will need to buy a free view aerial.

This is the coaxial cable you need if you don't have an aerial out port on your wall. They only cost a few pounds you can get them in any electrical store. Tesco and Asda probably sell them too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Coaxial-Aerial-Female-Socket/dp/B0058HGLVW

It might depend on your box or if you have a Now TV USB stick or not. We have the entertainment package but mainly watch free view channels,Film 4, E4, Sony Movies, Really, Dave all the normal free view channels you get 

Sorry for people misleading you but you absolutely get free view channels on Now TV. I hope this helps someone. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi David

I'm coming into this discussion late so forgive me if I miss the more nuanced points, I don't know if you know this, but the Now TV device you pointed out isn't made anymore.

Unfortunately, there are no more new models being made and so it's only available in the second-hand market place, i.e. buyer beware.

The following devices are the only two currently available from Now TV:

The Now TV Smart Stick:

Now TV Stick02.jpg

The Now TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search:

Now TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search.jpg

Neither of which have aerial ports.

UK Bob