cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV app not working on Apple TV (loads but will not display anything or just crashes)

I have 2 Apple TVs and one iPad. The Now TV app is on all 3 and until this week, working just fine. Now it fails to run on one of the Apple TVs.

I can open the app but just get the selection menu at the top - no content. I can move between each option (ie Movies, Entertainment, Kids etc.) but selecting any option has no effect. In some cases selecting an option returns me to the Apple TV main screen.

I have un-installed and re-installed the app on this Apple TV. I have reset and updated the Apple TV and reloaded the app. Nothing is working.

Any suggestions? Do I throw away the Apple TV or Now TV?

All other apps on the Apple TV are working (Netflix/iPlayer etc.). And the Now TV app works elsewhere. Just the combination of this Apple TV box and Now TV is failing ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have TV OS 13 (beta) installed and my Now TV app is doing exactly the same as yours!

I guess thats the danger of being an early adopter!

Are you running beta on the Apple TV box that is not working?

Q

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have TV OS 13 (beta) installed and my Now TV app is doing exactly the same as yours!

I guess thats the danger of being an early adopter!

Are you running beta on the Apple TV box that is not working?

Q

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK - that could be a "bingo"... The one that's OK is 12.4 and the one that is not is on 13... Now... I wonder if I can downgrade....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can only downgrade if you have Apple TV 4th HD  but not Apple TV 4th 4K

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apple 13 beta 7th release seeded, we should get it within 24 hour.

I don't hold out much hope as i think it needs a "Now Tv app" upgrade.

Hooba
Scholar 3

Funnily enough the Beta NowTV app does work with the latest AppleTV OS Beta. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I downgraded the Apple TV and it fixed the problem. I found links saying you need a Mac with iTunes to do this, but I did it with a pc and iTunes (it’s not a 4K Apple TV)

initially the restore via itunes using the downloaded 12.4 os failed and it looked like I had bricked the Apple TV, but I then tried the restore again without using the downloaded file and it worked. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's a new beta and it's working again. Gosh, I missed the footy lol.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

New beta of Apple TV OS? I think I'll just stick with no Beta for now... Can't be doing with all the messing around when things screw up. I was one step away from fixing the issue with a hammer