cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost Not Getting 7830

Hi all,

I am having issues with getting maximum 1080p stream quality via now TV boost from the LG app on my LGB8 55 OLED TV. I keep getting 4830 stream quality. I have tried uninstalling the app, restarting TV, signing out and back in switching between stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 in the settings and doing these things sometimes gets the video's to play back in 7830 but next time I open the app or change a program goes back down to 4830. This has only started to happen recently when I noticed the app had facelift. Really frustrating and if not fixed soon is pointless paying the extra £3 a month as I only have a 2.1 sound bar so don't need 5.1 sound. My internet is plenty fast I have 36 mps fibre and the TV when I test speeds on the web browser achieves over 22mps consistent speeds over WiFi and plays 4k HDR via Disney, Amazon and Netflix with no bother. 

Any suggestions on what I can do here?

Not keen to get a stick as I like all my apps in one place.

Thanks

56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well I am going backwards it seems:

"As you've tried the steps, it seems that the stick is faulty. ...
If the stick is purchase from NOW TV within 12 months, we will get the stick replaced."

It's out of warranty and this is almost certainly the wrong diagnosis anyway, so another (but different) dead end.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Hi Everyone.

Firstly sorry for the confusion that's surrounded this issue. The good news is it should now be resloved. Can I ask you all to try playing out on your devices to check your now receiving 7830 where it's available?

Thanks

Simon

Community Manager  

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Simon-J 

just done a quick test on all 10 episodes of Raised by Wolves" which was one of the TV shows that seemed stuck on 4831 and every episode is playing fine for me now with a streaming figure of 7834 when using a HD Boost Pass.

i can't check the 5.1 surround sound side of things at the moment, because i haven't got access to my AV 5.1 Receiver to test out.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All good for me too now. Getting 5.1 sound and full HD on everything I've tried.

Thanks for getting back to us @Simon-J and good to know we weren't all going crazy!

Cheers 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much, yes we are also now getting full HD and 5.1 sound... yippeeee!

Agree with some other comments that this has been a slow and painful process when I did indeed question my own sanity a few times.

I was asked to check the quality of the picture on my mobile phone? How would I be able to determine this on a 5 inch screen I asked?

Was then told that the quality of my internet was not good enough, despite being able to run seamless 4K from prime and Netflix.

Anyhow, it's all sorted now, so let's hope we are enjoying full sound and vision for some time to come 🐵

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I can confirm with series I have tried now get 7830 bit rate and dolby 5.1 surround without having to restart  multiple times. There is a God !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J 
Much better - thank you for letting us know it has been resolved. Viewing experience is so much better!

May I suggest some internal thinking in Nowtv about why users encountered so much friction getting this issue logged properly by tech support?  We were sent down all sorts of dead ends, going beyond just rebooting and getting as far as replacing the stick — the customer service team was clearly not briefed on this systemwide problem when it became known.