cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost Not Getting 7830

Hi all,

I am having issues with getting maximum 1080p stream quality via now TV boost from the LG app on my LGB8 55 OLED TV. I keep getting 4830 stream quality. I have tried uninstalling the app, restarting TV, signing out and back in switching between stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 in the settings and doing these things sometimes gets the video's to play back in 7830 but next time I open the app or change a program goes back down to 4830. This has only started to happen recently when I noticed the app had facelift. Really frustrating and if not fixed soon is pointless paying the extra £3 a month as I only have a 2.1 sound bar so don't need 5.1 sound. My internet is plenty fast I have 36 mps fibre and the TV when I test speeds on the web browser achieves over 22mps consistent speeds over WiFi and plays 4k HDR via Disney, Amazon and Netflix with no bother. 

Any suggestions on what I can do here?

Not keen to get a stick as I like all my apps in one place.

Thanks

56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous User
Not applicable

agreed @schnapps 

I'm finding it hard to walk away though, lol

I've just been asked to provide screen shots to show which programmes aren't working (all of them at some point...), which I've just sent them, along with a few shots to show live channels are working at the same time, to make the point that the dodgy bandwidth suggestion doesn't make sense....I'll keep plugging away...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having the same issues too.

I can stream Disney, Netflix and Amazon at 4K and much higher resolution without any issues. Yet Now TV struggles with HD for which I am paying extra for.

4831 streaming quality is not acceptable since I pay extra for HD.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having similar troubles.  A programme listed as 5.1 sound will start in stereo. Stopping and starting it again a few times, and suddenly it is in 5.1.  

Very unlikely to be bandwidth, at least not locally: we have a 500Mb/s Virgin Media cable connection; nor a wifi problem as we have at least 100 Mb/s being delivered to devices in that room.

If NowTV is stepping back to stereo because it sees lower bandwidth, this could be congestion within the wider network, or perhaps NowTV is starting its stream and incorrectly assessing the customer's speed?  Whatever, it is irritating.  Yet another way in which NowTV simply doesn't get anywhere near Netflix in terms of quality or reliability.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Did the same regarding sending Now TV proof of problem, sent them videos made no difference still my internet speed apparently.

even had the message watch Something New - Maybe Later/ More Like This that appears at the end of a movie only it turned up halfway through the film, did not get a reason for why that would happen even when I sent a video of it happening.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I now have a new response-they now recognise it is a major problem and have offered me compensation for issue-find attached response

Thanks for your patience.

This email refers to your concern where you were unable to get the NOW TV Boost features on your preferred device.

As you are aware that the case has been shared with the higher techs (Developers) to intervene the situation, they have updated us that this seems to be a part of a major issue and hence its taking little more time than expected to get to the bottom of the issue.

As a compensation for the delay in resolving your concern, we would like to help you with the refund of the amount that you have paid recently for the NOW TV Boost Pass on your account.

If you would like to accept the offered compensation, please help us with the last 4 digits of the payment card number registered on your account.

Also, please note that this will not mean that we will go ahead and close the case but the team will keep going on with their inspection on their level.

Reply to this email without changing the subject line, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.  

Looking forward to hearing from you,  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

I take it we were lied to then, after all "higher" tech team could not find a fault they could not replicate the issue I have.

So when I told them I did not have faith in buying another boost pass they said to compensate for the hassle I have had to endure trying to find a fault my end etc they would apply a £1.50 credit so I could renew boost at half the price they would not  even give the pass for free even though I have spent hours checking settings, broadband speed test and so on, they effectively were haggling over £3

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

That is kind of shocking to think they were haggling over little amount of money but glad you got something I just hope this year the backend sees improvements so these issues are done with.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fab that they've finally acknowledged the problem then @Anonymous User and well done on the refund!

I've just screenshotted your response and sent to them.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So I just had a very frustrating online chat with support about what seems like the same problem. I have to start and re-start a program up to a dozen times before it pops from stereo into 5.1 (and, I think, increases to 720p but my playback system doesn’t show that). 

We got nowhere — their chat system timed out while waiting for the agent to research the problem; I’d already spent 18 minutes in the chat and decided that was enough for today. 

As with others they said a minimum of 12.5Mbps speed is required. And  “I have checked your NOW TV account and see that you have internet speed of £7.982 mbps”. Ignoring the pound sign for the moment, this is not right: I can see from my router’s analytics that the device is running at 118Mbps. 

Something is clearly amiss in how the stick determines available bandwidth. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also finally got an acknowledgement that they're looking into the issue...let's see how far this gets us...

Feel free to copy their reply below if you're speaking to them and get caught in the "it must be your bandwidth" death spiral....

Hi Neil,

Thanks for getting in touch. 

This is about the concern you raised about the viewing experience which we've been looking into.

We appreciate your patience as we've been at it in the background.

The team is now back with an update for us.

They've confirmed that this has been reported by few other customers too and hence are investigating the root cause and tracing a fix accordingly.

As they are on it, we would like to help you with a reversal of the latest month payment towards the NOW TV Boost you've made of £3.

Do let us know if you'd like to go ahead with the same.