cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Boost Not Getting 7830

Hi all,

I am having issues with getting maximum 1080p stream quality via now TV boost from the LG app on my LGB8 55 OLED TV. I keep getting 4830 stream quality. I have tried uninstalling the app, restarting TV, signing out and back in switching between stereo and Dolby Digital 5.1 in the settings and doing these things sometimes gets the video's to play back in 7830 but next time I open the app or change a program goes back down to 4830. This has only started to happen recently when I noticed the app had facelift. Really frustrating and if not fixed soon is pointless paying the extra £3 a month as I only have a 2.1 sound bar so don't need 5.1 sound. My internet is plenty fast I have 36 mps fibre and the TV when I test speeds on the web browser achieves over 22mps consistent speeds over WiFi and plays 4k HDR via Disney, Amazon and Netflix with no bother. 

Any suggestions on what I can do here?

Not keen to get a stick as I like all my apps in one place.

Thanks

56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Literally just managed to get 5.1 and 7832 for the first time ever after posting the above. Appears to be random though, just tried starting loads of different episodes of a Discovery of Witches and eventually one worked in that setting....

Weird. And annoying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So this is still going  on for me!

With this and the constant football glitches I am on the point of leaving. There seems to be no acknowledgment or action on these issues at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem with LG c8 tv, in last 3-4 days  a programme may play at 4831  and than another at 7830,if I than return to programme  that had 7830 it now has only 4830 bits and no dolby 5.1.I have tried everything also ,resets, turning on off, deleting app and account etc to no avail.When bit rate is only 4831 you lose dolby 5.1.Problem is bizarre as you can go back to a programme it is in 7830 and than when you continue to next in series it drops to 4831.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here! App on an LG TV First noticed it with Raised by wolves. Seems completely random as to whether I get 4830 or 7830.  It's not incorrect reporting as  5.1 sound comes and goes as well. Haven't done extensive testing but  sports channels seem to always come up as 7830 but other shows like The undoing act randomly. I thought changing Boost audio settings back and forth was solving it but now I think it is just pot luck when you start watching as to what stream you get. If I restart the stream enough times it seems I can get 7830 to come back.

Annoying to say the least!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have found as last entry reports if I start a programme  and than restart it at least 3-6 times I eventually get 7830 stream with 5.1-so now you may need an hour plus to watch a progamme but initially  10 minutes continually restarting until you get correct bit rate and 5.1 surround.

lockmatt
Expert 2

i have same issue trying to watch tin star liverpool.i have boost pass and its not playing in hd,im on a samsung smart tv on now tv app on wired connection

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is happening to me too.

I seem to get full HD and 5.1 with movies, but not entertainment channels.

Started watching a news series on sky one and first episode looked and sounded amazing, but episode 2 reverted to 4830 and the 5.1 lost...

TV is wired to super fast router - I just don’t get it!!

Hooba
Scholar 3

I think it's now time for me to throw the towel in. Seems pretty random what will play at 7830 and what won't. No doubt NowTV will at some point sort this out, but past experience suggests it'll take months. I'm sat here contemplating paying £8.50 to buy season 10 of The Walking Dead off Amazon Prime - because it'll only play in 720P 2.0 on the NowTV app. So I'm going to have to pay Amazon for content NowTV should be giving me for the money I'm already paying them. Enough. You'd think, with the competition NowTv has from Netflix, Amazon, Disney, they'd get their act together. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wrote to Now T.V  complaints explaining situation and as predicted got a reply saying I should re boot modem ,reinstall app etc, this is not  a solution I have done this previously. AS stated by others live programmes play at 7830 but with series such as  Raised By Wolves you have to continually restart programme to get it to play at 7830 with 5.1,this ha sonly started in recent weeks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

unfortunately I also have the same problem with Hd boost I'm on Samsung Qled using Tv app was working great until a few weeks ago now every program on entertainment I have to restart up from 3 to 10 times until I'm lucky enough to get a 7830 stream.

Ive put a complaint in but Now TV are unable to help so unfortunately ive just cancelled the Hd boost pass🥴