cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No NOW TV app on Firestick?

I have a Firestick TV Basic Edition. However I cannot find the NOW TV app on it, even if I search for it. I can only find Access Now TV, which is a bootleg app and doesn't work anyways. Any ideas what's going on?

15 REPLIES 15
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @gavs82008 

Same here using my Amazon 4K Fire Stick when finding and updating the NOW App.

i even checked the NOW help article on which Fire Sticks are supported on NOW in the UK and the Firestick Basic Edition is definitely on the list.

I doubt NOW live chat would much help on the matter, if it was me maybe see if anybody knows on the Amazon Fire Stick forum (should there be a Fire TV Community Forum in the UK where i have never really took much notice of Amazon Fire TV devices before).

Hopefully another forum member will come along with the answer.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looks like Amazon have a Fire Stick Community Forum.

https://uk.amazonforum.com/s/topic/0TO4P000000t6mRWAQ/general-fire-tv 

Should you not get the answer on here, maybe try the Amazon Community instead to see if anybody knows the answer why you can't find or see the NOW App.

If you get it sorted, post back because i would be interested to know why you can't find the NOW App on your Amazon Fire Stick Basic Edition whilst based in the UK.

Hope you get it sorted.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps @Anonymous User looks like someone else has the same problem but the answer is less than helpful.

Screenshot_20210319-164954.jpg

Can you find the app on the Amazon app store on your PC? If you can, try downloading the app from the app store online and then sync your online account with the stick?

Screenshot_20210319-171019.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think it's generation related.

I have two models of the firestick. An early one and I think it's at least 3rd gen. (just has alexa).

The early one doesn't find Nowtv at all as the first poster said, but immediately found it on the 3rd gen.

Both use the same account and WiFi ect.

Shame it doesn't seem to be fixable. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User Yep, all device makers want you to update devices after a while and support on older ones stops.  😟

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No VPN. Did a factory reset and it's still not there.