cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New LG Oled Tv with now app

I have a new LG OLED TV and it has now tv already available as an app.

The problem is that on the app there doesn’t seem to be the ‘my app’ section. This was where I accessed bt sport app. 

i can plug m’y stick in and use now tv that way with the app features working fine but I were wondered why it wasn’t in the app on the tv.

searched online with no explanation please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can't watch BT Sports App directly from your LG Smart TV because the LG Smart Web OS doesn't support the BT Sports App.

The LG NOW native App is only offering you NOW content which this is how the NOW App is designed on Smart TV's including LG, Samsung etc.

The reason you can find the BT Sports App under My Apps on the NOW Stick is because this is a third party App add on such Netflix, Amazon Prime for example and has been included by NOW on their hardware.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

By sport app is not available on LG App Store too

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't own an LG Smart TV, but according to this link the BT Sports App doesn't currently support LG Smart televisions.

So you may have to use your NOW Stick for the BT Sports App.

https://www.bt.com/sport/features/watch-bt-sport-on-xbox-playstation-4-samsung-tv-and-apple-tv-with-new-large-screen-app 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks yeah I know that but I want to watch by sport via the app through now tv app or is that not possible. I feel I may have answered my own question. Maybe you can’t access apps through an app. Only via the stick. No buggy I can cast by sport from my phone but would have been nice to have app or get through now app

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You can't watch BT Sports App directly from your LG Smart TV because the LG Smart Web OS doesn't support the BT Sports App.

The LG NOW native App is only offering you NOW content which this is how the NOW App is designed on Smart TV's including LG, Samsung etc.

The reason you can find the BT Sports App under My Apps on the NOW Stick is because this is a third party App add on such Netflix, Amazon Prime for example and has been included by NOW on their hardware.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for clarifying buddy have a good weekend:)

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Maybe drop an email to both BT Sports and LG UK asking for a future release of the native BT Sports App on the LG Web OS platform.

Anyway you have a great TV there (would love to own an OLED television) where i set up my mates LG CX 65inch for him and was really impressed by the picture quality.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Your new TV have apps I guess, if you search for downloader I can walk you though the way around your problems 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
It doesn’t have bt sports but thanks
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

For BT sport on LG TV you’ll need to contact BT directly to “complain” about the device being not supported for the app

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help