cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New Apple TV 4th Gen

My Apple TV 4th Gen is registered as one of my Devices.  If I sign out of OLD Now TV (Green) app and then sign in to NEW NOW TV (Yellow) app, will this count as adding a NEW DEVICE even though it was previously registered using old app.  I need remaining Device, for this month, for something else.  Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

In theory downloading the new version of the NowTV App on your Apple TV box shouldn't count has a new device (though sometimes the NowTV device management software gets confused with new App downloads or an update with a device OS software).

If it was me i would go ahead with the new App and if it has mistakenly took it has an extra device and once you have reached the three device swaps per calender month, jump over to live chat and ask for a further device swap for the month because of this glitch on the NowTV Device system.

Use the green chat online button in this link below to reach NowTV live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Don’t brother creating new threads for the Apple TV app. 

There is this thread which has over 2K posts......

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Update-Now-TV-app-for-apple-TV/td-p/366659/jump-to/first-unread-message

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

All out of date and don't answer my question !!!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Did you even bother to look through the thread? 

There is 200+ pages, the latest post is today as well.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Update-Now-TV-app-for-apple-TV/td-p/366659/page/204

@nst any chance of providing some assistance? 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

In theory downloading the new version of the NowTV App on your Apple TV box shouldn't count has a new device (though sometimes the NowTV device management software gets confused with new App downloads or an update with a device OS software).

If it was me i would go ahead with the new App and if it has mistakenly took it has an extra device and once you have reached the three device swaps per calender month, jump over to live chat and ask for a further device swap for the month because of this glitch on the NowTV Device system.

Use the green chat online button in this link below to reach NowTV live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps 
Thanks mate, I had completely misread the original post from @Anonymous User  So for that I must apologise to you @Anonymous User  for not being very helpful and coming across as rude. 

I just saw another thread on Apple TV and I saw red. 

Again my apologies @Anonymous User 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, for being big enough to say so.  Saved me from my "RED" reply...🤣

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am assuming going forward you are going to use the new version of the NowTV App and if so follow my instructions and you should be fine.

Hopefully the new App version will not be mistakenly took by NowTV has an extra device and there will no need to contact NowTV live chat.

Don't know if this is possible using an Apple Gen 4 box or higher spec boxes, because i only own an older generation 3 box, but if you have the option to use both NowTV Apps (old & new) at the same time then this might count has two devices on your registered device list.

Similar how the PC worked with the old Windows dedicated App and the NowTV Player browser software.

So it would be better to stick with the newer version of the NowTV App, unless there is some reason you need to use both App versions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Quick Update: The new app did try to register as a New Device, even though Apple 4K device was already registered.  However, Live Chat were very quick to afford me 5 New Device Swaps, in order to rectify this quirk between apps.  Old app deleted.  All sorted now, though.  Hope this helps others in similar situation.  Thanks, again, for the great advice and pointers...