Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix now in app store

Netflix is now here at last!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

just a note that if you press * button during netflix playback, you can see current download speed and resolution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix advertising on home screen, but no app, and Wont play.  When I press on one of the boxset, it says oops there was a problem

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What nowtv playback device are you using a NowTV while box, black box, smart box or smart stick?

If its a white box, I am not sure Netflix App is supported like the UK TV play App on the white box. 

Have you checked in the App Store if the Netflix App is showing there and if it is have you tried to install it. 

If no luck and you have a black box or newer nowtv playback device perhaps try a forced software update to see if the Netflix App shows in the device Apps Store. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the app and I checked I'm on latest firmware. On black Puck box. 

But it doesn't open or work, says it encountered an error with this code: NW 6 400

My network is fine. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

What happens if you remove the Netflix App and then re install it again from the Apps Store ?

Perhaps also try a forced software update on the box by clicking the remote Home Button 5 times, then quickly pressing the FF button 3 times, then quickly pressing the RW button 2 times to open the secret hidden menu.

Update the software even if you are on the same version number.

Also are you using a VPN which might be blocking the Netflix App and perhaps try switching off the power to your router for 20 minutes to let it acquire a new IP address.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Schnapps and thanks for the reply.

I did a forced firmware update despite being on the same version and I removed and re-added the Netflix app.

Still the same error as before. It tries to open it, the Netflix logo appears  but it times out with an error message. 

I'm not on VPN. All other apps work fine on the Now TV Puck, and Netflix runs fine on different devices on the same network.

Odd! 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I don't know what else to suggest apart from a reboot on both your router and nowtv black box or a full factory reset on the box.

Hopefully somebody else will come up with more suggestions to try.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah thank you Schnapps 

I did already try full cold reboots of the router and the Puck  but no joy. I'll try a factory reset if necessary but I suspect it's a problem with the app, not my system, as it's so new on Now Tv.

I'll keep an eye on this forum to see if I'm the only one with the problem first. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I haven't got a std nowtv black box only the smart box and Netflix is working fine for me.

I doubt the factory reset will work, but unless somebody else comes up with any more ideas to try, then it maybe worth a shot.