cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Netflix app won’t load on NOW TV box

So my Netflix app won’t load on my NOW TV Smart Box.

I click the app to open it, it shows the classic ‘Netflix’ in red with black background and then just goes back the NOW TV app page 

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Netflix app. Checked for updates. Tested my internet connection (other streaming services are working fine) and I am going crazy here.

The live chat is not on for obvious reasons and it’s not an issue on Netflix’s side. 
The app on my box is the only way I can use Netflix so I’m basically paying for nothing right now

Anyone out there have the same issue or a fix?!

Please help!

54 REPLIES 54
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same happened to me. I know it doesn’t help but your not alone.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We are having the same problem. I've tried all the same things as you?! It's really weird and annoying! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I read somewhere on here it’s a bug in the Smart Box but I can’t confirm this. Really starting to get in my nerves as BBC iPlayer only has so many things you can watch!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wonder what would happen if the nowtv box is reset to factory settings. As I have Netflix via Amazon prime I’m not sure if I want to take the chance. 

Suppose I’m  a coward.

HEY NOWTV IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS GET IT SORTED WITH AN UPDATE OR SOMETHING. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having exactly the same issue. After going on live chat with Netflix, and doing the recommended switching off of the device, removing and reinstalling the app, testing my internet connection, switching that off and back on,  and nothing working, it was passed to the Netflix tech team. I did a full factory reset of my box, and it’s made no difference at all! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My netflix won't load tried all sorts of trouble shooting and nothing works  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue.  Let us know if anyone has similar.  I am in Northern Ireland. Any geographical context to this problem?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We live in Dorset. I have quite an old box, about 3 years old? Not sure if that is an issue? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m in Bristol, don’t think it’s a geo thing. Apparently a bug in Smart Boxes but no idea if this is correct. Just wish someone from NOW TV would confirm this as I’m losing my mind and paying for something I can’t access!