cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOWTV & Projector- TECH SUPPORT

Hello There

A simple query.... I have an Epson Projector that I use to watch Films outdoors ( no WIFI outside), I recently downloaded a film via the NOW TV APP (using an IPAD).... but it won't let me play it on the projector... Netflix and Amazon Prime work fine...... What do I have to do to make it work...?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://www.uswitch.com/tv/guides/how-to-watch-now-tv-on-tv/

It looks like a laptop instead of the iPad would fit the bill if you have a laptop with HDMI out.

My Epson projector runs over WiFi from its sender box, so I have never tried anything like you are attempting.

But if the Epson is running over the household mains, then you can get WiFi out there by using a pair of PLAs where the remote has a WiFi hotspot on it, and then you can relay anything you can connect to the sender.

Though this will not, alas, include the output of an iPad, as fas as I know.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User how are you connecting the iPad to the projector. HDMI?

NowTV won't allow you to connect an iPad via hdmi to another device as it assumes you're trying to share/publicly broadcast their content and it prevents people who have bought a 'mobile only' subscription to NowTV from connecting the mobile phone to a larger screen.

The only option is to connect a Chromecast to the projector and cast from the iPad.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

https://www.uswitch.com/tv/guides/how-to-watch-now-tv-on-tv/

It looks like a laptop instead of the iPad would fit the bill if you have a laptop with HDMI out.

My Epson projector runs over WiFi from its sender box, so I have never tried anything like you are attempting.

But if the Epson is running over the household mains, then you can get WiFi out there by using a pair of PLAs where the remote has a WiFi hotspot on it, and then you can relay anything you can connect to the sender.

Though this will not, alas, include the output of an iPad, as fas as I know.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.