cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW app requesting firmware update

Installed on our Samsung tv the app isn't loading but requesting a firmware update.  I've manually updated the tv and there are no updates to install. NOW tv is still not loading. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive spoken to samsung an theyve said its a known issue they are working on a fix 

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all,

Due to the current issue the NOW app has temporarily been removed from this device. It should be back on and working in Jan. I will keep you updated.

Thanks

Simon

Community Manager 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J

Do you know when in January we can expect to have the app back? Updates after opening a case with the support team in November have been very limited and I need to know if it's really worth paying for another month where I can't use my main device.

Thanks.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

We've not been given a precise date on this but I'll update this thread if I do hear anything.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Simon-J 

Any idea of when we can expect this update in January - I have issues with my Samsung M50A smart monitors.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J - do you happen to know if this also applies to the Samsung LSP9T projector as the app has recently disappeared for me? More details over at: https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/NOW-TV-app-disappeared-from-Samsung-LSP9T/m-p...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J,

We're over halfway through January now. Any updates as to when this issue will be fixed? Will it still be January?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J 

Any further updates to report on this one? Still not visible on the App Store. 

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J, would you happen to know whether Samsung's Smart Monitors (which are 2021 Smart TVs without a tuner) will get back the Now app? After a long chat with Samsung, as stated in the App store, support for its apps is not Samsung's responsibility but that of the App developers. 

I have a Samsung Smart Monitor M70A with the same issue...

If the app has compatibility issues, could we at least be able to have access to the latest known version of the App?

I think we would prefer seeing it occasionally crash rather than not having it at all.

Thanks

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Anonymous User 

I'll chase an update on this and update this thread as soon as I have an answer.

Thanks

Simon

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J, were you able to get an update about this situation?

Thanks