cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW app requesting firmware update

Installed on our Samsung tv the app isn't loading but requesting a firmware update.  I've manually updated the tv and there are no updates to install. NOW tv is still not loading. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive spoken to samsung an theyve said its a known issue they are working on a fix 

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been trying to get a real update about this Now app issue for months and still nothing.

@Simon-J, your previous claim of January proved false. When can we expect your error to be fixed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J, could you please update us on the situation?

I read that the UK Government wants to pass a law where "essentially, the likes of Samsung, LG and Sony will soon be forced to include BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, My5, STV Player and S4C Clic apps on new and existing smart TV models.

The same rules will similarly apply to platforms like Sky and Now TV"

https://www.techradar.com/news/your-smart-tv-is-getting-an-enforced-improvement-soon

It would help them if you made accessible your Now app, for Tizien devices, on the App store of their Smart Monitors.

Thanks,

Lawrence 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

I wonder how the government would force Now, no longer the provider of any devices, to provide apps on their app?

Sloppy journalism there 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J, hi,

Just a polite nudge, if you could provide us with an update about the Now app on our Samsung Smart Monitors.

Lawrence:)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, @Simon-J, an update after 5-6 months of the same issue with no real updates or solutions would be much appreciated.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Simon-J, any updates about the Tizien version of the Now app, which you removed from the Samsung Hub and App Store, for the Samsung Smart Monitors M5 and M7, from last year?

The M8 and M70B models have just been released. Do they also not get the app?

Any update would be appreciated, and possibly sometime nearer to your company's name rather than later:)

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi again, @Simon-J.

Did you do anything today? I've just been in the TV's app store and saw the Now app listed and downloaded onto the device!

Just logged in and it works like a charm!

At last, we should all be able to watch Now TV without the need of another device, just as we intended!

In any case, thanks NowTV for sorting this out!

Regards,

Lawrence 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Weeks/months of radio silence and being told to "just wait, someone will get back to you" when I ask what's going on then suddenly it's back up with no formal update? This has been a pain from start to finish. 

Thank you @Anonymous User for alerting to me to the app's reappearance. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey!

Did you hear back about this, by any chance?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. Tried this already though. Still doesn't work as TV doesn't find any updates when run manually.