cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Membership not active on Amazon fire stick via NOW app

Help please - I’ve just bought a one day membership via web to watch on my tv via fire stick. I can get into the now app on but it says membership not active so unable to add it as a device to watch anything.

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is this a sports day membership by any chance? 
If so can you try activating it on your mobile? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had the same issue with activating a day pass on the fire app and came upon the same workaround of activating on another device first but.... In 2021 ...SERIOUSLY?!

Consider my scenario - bought a day pass last week and had to activate it via my mobile before I could watch on the fire stick. I happened to get the 5 months mobile offer thrown in for free despite purposely not requesting it... So when purchasing another day pass to watch on the fire tv I'm no longer able to activate it via mobile as the sports mobile pass was already in effect on my phone. In my case I had to sign in, install now tv player and activate on a THIRD device (laptop) just to watch on the same fire stick! WTAF?!

I'm certain many people would just abandon this as too complicated and very probably as they don't have enough devices to perform this ludicrous dance.

This is ham fisted at best, completely unintuitive and very inconvenient. Sort it out now tv if you're happy to take the money then provide the service at least!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Couldn’t agree more it’s a completely bonkers way just to get sports activated on your account. 

It’ll make things far easier when they fully get rid of the mobile memberships. All that they do is cause confusion especially when not all channels are available.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help