cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Login to ITV Hub app on now tv devices

Hi,

Does anyone know if its possible to login to an ITV hub account from the ITV hub app on a smart stick/box.

The itv hub app has never asked to login and or verify my device to the ITV hub account (in the same way as it did when I first logged into BBC iPlayer app)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apologies in advance if I have miss understood your question.

If you are referring to using your ITV Hub + login account details on the NowTV devices ?

Then the nowtv devices, don't currently support the ITV Hub + extra service on the ITV Hub App.

https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000601174-Can-I-use-Hub-benefits-on-any-device

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apologies in advance if I have miss understood your question.

If you are referring to using your ITV Hub + login account details on the NowTV devices ?

Then the nowtv devices, don't currently support the ITV Hub + extra service on the ITV Hub App.

https://help.itv.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000601174-Can-I-use-Hub-benefits-on-any-device

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Forgot to say that I haven't needed to register my personal details on the ITV Hub website for using the standard ITV Hub App on my NowTV boxes (where I only previously had to enter a post code to use the ITV Hub App).

Where on the BBC iPlayer, All 4 and UKTV Play Apps on my boxes I had to register my personal details on the relevant websites to enable me to keep using these Apps.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have to pay for itv, lol
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Nah, itv is free; what you pay for is not to get adverts Smiley Tongue

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5
At some point the login feature for ITV+ will be coming to Roku/Now TV devices.
This was confirmed from an email query I sent to ITV.
Of course no time frame set for this
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help