cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Live Pause on BT YouView

According to the FAQs, I should be able to pause the live channels on my YouView box per the answer here https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-tv-features I've asked BT but they say the live pause only works if I buy my passes via them. This seems at odds with the Now TV website.

Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

9 REPLIES 9
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

You cannot pause NOWTV on Youview unless you have a BT Line. That's what it states in an email I received from the Youview trials team. No idea what they mean when they say BT Line though, I think they mean BT Broadband? So no, there is no live pause for Youview retail users.

This information is incorrect and should be ignored:

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the NOW TV devices below: 

• NOW TV Smart Stick
  • NOW TV Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search
  • NOW TV Smart Box with Freeview
  • NOW TV Box (black) 
  • BT TV Box
  • YouView box <<< IGNORE

On all other devices, you can only pause or rewind on demand movies and shows.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I do have both my phone & broadband with BT. I'll follow up with BT

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

To ask the daft question, do you have BT TV? Did you sign up to Now TV through BT?

If the answer is yes to both then you should get pause and the Now TV channels in the EPG. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

It is odd that you can't pause NOWTV on Youview and yet it's available on every other platform. I guess BT wanted a bonus feature all to themselves. Anyway, as above, I think you only have that feature if you subscribe to BT TV and pay via BT for NOW TV.

Unfortunately as always, the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing when it comes to BT, NOWTV and Youview. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No, I bought the pass from NOW TV. The NOW TV website states that I should be able to live pause all channels. So either the NOW TV FAQs are wrong, or BT have disabled the live pause on the YouView NOW TV app.

I suspect that BT will have disabled it to force customers to their own Now TV offering (with no discounts on passes).

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Interesting, my assumption is as long as you have BT TV then you should be good to go?

If I am not mistaken you can get YouView not on BT TV, as I recall Sony TV has YouView built in. 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

@gavs82008 the OP doesn't have BT TV, they have Youview. Although BT TV makes use of the Youview platform and use the same hardware the two are not the same thing.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PaulNormanUK 

Apologies I had read the subject 'Live Pause on BT YouView' and assumed they hat YouView through BT TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's a YouView Box supplied by BT