cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum.

Is the problem regarding the ITV Hub and is it that you can't see ITV1 content but you can see content from the other ITV channels?

If so, it might be  because you are located in Scotland or Northern Ireland, where you need to use UTV or STV Players instead (but these aren't available on the NOW TV box).

However if you open up the ITV Hub in your box, click * to go to settings and choose the Location setting you can change the postcode to an England one (any you find off Google should do) and then ITV1 programmes should appear.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank u very much for that I will give it a try x
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi All,

New to Now TV just last week and everything makes sense except for one thing. Coronation Street is nowhere to be found on ITV player yet when I check ITV Player on the laptop it is definitely there. I have trawled the net for a solution and the Now TV help chat just kept paraphrasing my questions and did not seem to understand the problem so I gave up with them. Can anybody please help?

Thanks

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looking on the ITV Player app on my Now TV box I can see Coronation Street as the first programme in the 'Most Popular' section if I scroll down two rows (after 'featured' and 'latest').

Scrolling further down, it is listed under the 'C' section of the A-Z.

If you still don't see it, uninstalling then reinstalling the ITV Player app may help.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks I will try a fresh install as it is nowhere to be seen regardless of
search parameters.

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User just a quick thought, can you see any ITV1 shows? And did you set your postcode as somewhere in Scotland? Worth changing it to something else like LS11 5AD.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Yes, my wife had to enter the postcode at our address in Scotland. I will
also try entering the Leeds postcode you mentioned. If this is the case
then it will be a pain because my wife wants to watch Coronation Street but
also wants to catch up with River City ( a Scottish soap ) which would mean
that if she wants to watch both she will have to reboot with a different
postcode in order to watch both. I can only imagine that here in Scotland
we have our variation of ITV player called STV player but Im sure that both
soaps are on the laptop via internet.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User at the moment there is no STV player, however the postcode restriction is only on the ITV app and only hides ITV1. Fortunatly BBC have no problems with people watching shows from other regions so anyone could watch River City if they wanted to.

To change the postcode (I think) open the ITV app and press the * key, it should bring up settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks so much for this information, we were quite annoyed too at not finding Corrie!!  But we too put in a different Scottish postcode to our own because we live in Dumfries and Galloway which gets Borders / Carlisle programmes and we wanted STV rather than ITV. It's all very confusing! But I'm off to change my postcode now and will hopefully find Corrie on NowTV from now on!

Thanks again and happy Christmas to one and all 🙂

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User at the moment there is no STV player, however the postcode restriction is only on the ITV app and only hides ITV1. Fortunatly BBC have no problems with people watching shows from other regions so anyone could watch River City if they wanted to.

To change the postcode (I think) open the ITV app and press the * key, it should bring up settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NowTV aren't responsible for the ITV Player app, so it's one reason why Live Chat aren't too helpful. 

I've just loaded it in my box and directly under Most Popular is Coronation Street Wednesday 13 Aug 7.30pm.

If you are after an older episode, start this one, sit through the ads, and when it finally begins, hit pause and you'll see the other episodes from the last 4 weeks.