cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

im in the uk down in bognor regis..and my now tv box dont have itv one..or any freeview channels..whats that all about..iv got the entertainmant package..and only limeted channels..i thought this was ment to make ya tv into a smart tv..at the moment not so smart...lol

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the NowTV box isn't a replacement for Freeview or Freesat and you won't be able to watch live TV for the domestic channels. However you will find catchup apps for them in the App Store if they haven't already been installed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
WELL FIRST OF IT SHOULD NOT BE CALLED NOW TV THEN..BECAUSE TV IS
LIMETED..SHOULD BE CALLED THE CATCH UP BOX....SECOND..IT DONT TURN ANYTHING
INTO A SMART TV...COZ IT AINT EVEN SMART..NOT EVEN 1ST GRADE...LOL

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the NOW TV box, nothing's prefect & like every other set top box there's never going to be everything on it that everyone wants.  Anyway before you right it off,  to get it in perspective, the box is being sold at a heavily subsidised price (about a 1/5 of what it's actually worth I believe) & if you bought it with any passes for the NOW TV service in the box, then it works out even cheaper.  Maybe you're eligible for a free 30 day movie trial if you've not already had one which will give you access to Sky movies.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a Joke,not having ITV 1 or UTV on this new box.

Just bought one for my wife and could not get itv 1 ,whats the point of this box,is oit just for Sky to charge for watching there channels.

We can watch all british live tv ,bbc,itv,channel 4,channel 5 on the internet ,why are we restricted with this box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User Sky haven't blocked anything. UTV haven't built a Roku app, and by entering a Northern Irish postcode ITV don't provide access to ITV1 as per their agreement with UTV (and the same with Scottish and STV). 

You can get around the restrictions with a little white lie to ITV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
What post code will pick up itv1 then?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User any in England or Wales. There's one listed towards the top. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don't understand why itv1 isn't working on my now tv box what is the resolution to this or who do u contact x