cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have not been updated but I get no adverts using a sideloaded version of Plex with ITV player.
I dont think I want the Now TV version as it looks so poor.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I have not been updated but I get no adverts using a sideloaded version of Plex with ITV player.
I dont think I want the Now TV version as it looks so poor.

The Itv app on roku does not use the Frame work that the BBC was selling to make freeview broadcasters Ondemand apps to the same standard...

It the roku app standard which as you said is rubbish comparied to the HTML5 designs BBC and Demand 5 use...

The roku temple is only specific to these boxes no body uses it outside the roku boxes, Thank god...

The remuxer apps your using in plex remove adverts, its the same for Third party apps that run youtube streams they ditch the advert content and only remux the main program stream...

That only works for the extra adverts... sponsor deals are encoded into the main video... As is Product placement now in show.

Sponsor deals are all over main US networks ondemand content at the moment... If that lasts a sponsor logo will popup at key points on the show... and it will make it on to Our ondemand content...     

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can understand why advertising exists on "free" material, I can never understand why advertising exists on paid material. Probably Murdoch etc want their cake and more too?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I've just provided an update about ITV Player here: http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-Box/New-Firmware-on-the-NOW-TV-Box/m-p/212525#M15224

Thanks,

Tom

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know its not Now TVs fault but this ITV player implimentation is not very good at all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

my box hasn't updated so no itv yet for me

Anonymous User
Not applicable

when i go to screenshots of itv player on the roku channel ,shows stuff like broadchurch, mr selfridge,downton etc ,but no sign of them on the nowtv app ,is this a cutdown version on nowtv ,or is just a load of old rubbish where its also not 30 day catch up as advertised?.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the examples are based on the fact that if a show was airing live it would be available on catchup, when they return later in the year you should find them (on the ITV website only Downton is available and that's as a rental). There does appear to be a bug however restricting 30 day access from popular shows like Corrie and Emmerdale on the NowTV box which hopefully ITV are trying to fix.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  I too was confused by the screenshots for the ITV Player apparently showing box sets of Downton Abbey.  But this seems to be for illustrative purposes only.

I believe that it is possible to access everything that's available on 30 day catch up on the full ITV Player through the Now TV app.  But it is tricky.

You have to play one episode of the show you want to watch.  Sit through the ads at the start.  Press pause.  Click on 'Further Episodes'.  This will bring up the previous 30 days of episodes. 

I have contacted ITV and apparently it is supposed to work like this.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
work like this my ar.e lol just rubbish programming !!! lol pathetic