cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is my now tv apps crashing
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

How long have you had your 'white' NOW TV box owners? A lot of the 'third-party' apps have got more complex in recent times and may have out-grown the memory recources and processing power of the older 'white' boxes!

Some people have had some success deleting apps and/or reseting their white boxes to free up memory. However, if the problem persits you're probably better off treating yourself to the newer 'black' NOW TV box.

And just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the new black box. It’s happening to me. Has crashed the past two days

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Itv is not showing in my itv hub???
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Are you using a Scottish Post Code ?

If so try entering an English post code in the ITV Hub settings.

I use Sky HQ post code TW75QD which works for me.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User don't forget in addition to @schnapps advise the STV Player is on the Now box if you in Scotland. For anyone not in Scotland for that try postcode G51 2XD (Glasgow Rangers post code)
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have a new black box. Every time we load the ITV hub it asks for a postcode and then freezes.

I have managed to enter the postcode once (by hitting the *), got into the app where it then freezes again.

My box is brand new, we have updated the system software and the app itself multiple times but nothing.

This app is one of the main reasons we got this box and really want a fix before going with a fire stick.

Thanks.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. There's been a few reports of streams not working properly in the app, but I'm not aware of many reports of the app in general just freezing. Do all the other apps seem to be working fine? Are you entering an English postcode (Scottish postcodes won't give you full access, although there is an STV Player app in the App Store). One thing to try is a full reset of the box, You'll find the option under Settings > System > Advanced System Settings > Factory Reset but it's a bit of a pain as you have to set up your wireless and NOW TV details again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello is anyone else having problems with itv player on now tv? I click on the program I want to watch and press play and then it takes me back to the now tv home page... this has happened a few times this week now. And it’s a new now tv stick. 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

There has been some reported problems with the ITV Hub app which ITV's developers are looking into...

Cheers