cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know.... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc.

Their content, their delivery systems and their UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service providers, not NOW TV!

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Many Thanks... But the issue still needs to be resolved. I find it painful to say the least.
For the record, I wasn't speaking badly of Now TV. My combo is fantastic and I think it's one of the best deals on the market... I just feel that their system apps badly need to be updated... If the likes of 'TalkTalk' can do it then a 'Roku' powered box, charged by Sky, ahoikd be able to match it.
No offence intended 😊
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you're not happy with the ITV Hub app @Anonymous User, you'll have to complain to ITV. It's their 'app'. It has nothing to do with Sky/NOW TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Its definitely an ITV hub issue as cant watch on tablet either, you appear to be only able to view from a PC browser, tried it on Xbox browser and doesnt work either

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Anybody with a Youview box will also be able to watch lethal weapon on catch up using ITV hub. Lethal weapon can't be watched on catch up through Freeview play devices though.

Note there is quite a common misconception that Youview hardware can only be obtained through a contract with talk talk, plus net or BT. This is untrue. You can get pure retail boxes from various places. 

The latest pure retail variant is the DTR-T2000

Of course, if you don't have a contract from one of the Youview ISPs, you won't get any pay-TV channels on the box

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
And I intend to complain to ITV... But on every device except the Now TV box the app works superbly and all content is available... Seems I have offended you? Please accept my sincere apologies, but everyone that owns a Now TV box knows what I'm saying is correct and everyone on here has had a similar reply to the one you sent me ⬆ as seen in previous messages... Again, I meant no offence... But I own a Nokia Lumia that's 3 years old and Lethal Weapon is instantly available on that! To me... That speaks volumes. Thanks for your input @SeeMoreDigital ... Your advice is duly noted and understood. I wish you a good evening 😊
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same problem, i can't locate it through ITV hub on LG TV or through NOW TV but i can find it on my laptop when i do a google search!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Having the same problem, i can't locate it through ITV hub on LG TV or through NOW TV but i can find it on my laptop when i do a google search! 

Contact ITV @Anonymous User... It's their 'app' 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable
@Anonymous User it's not a NowTv problem! They have no control over exterior devices, etc etc, (advertising itv hub as part of the parcel is irrelevant)!! As for what @SeeMoreDigital said... If you're unhappy with the ITV Hub on your NowTV box (last version over 12 months old), it's best you complain to ITV.... NowTV have nothing to say..... Nor does @SeeMoreDigital (elite5 by the way 😲)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Can anyone tell me why I can't find certain programmes on itv hub on my now TVs box. But they are available on my iPad or laptop. Namely lethal weapon.
Thanks.