cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try an English postcode in the ITV hub and you should be able to get it working.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can't see this on itv catch up - anyone else having this problem?

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Just-so-you-know... NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc. The content delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service provider.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I realise that, just find it reassuring to know I'm not the only one unable to see it and not just a problem I'm having.

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  Same here.  Not available via the ITV Hub app on the Now TV box.  Looking on Twitter, ITV say:

"Please note - Lethal Weapon is only available for catch up here: po.st/LethalWeapon as well as our iOS, Xbox and YouView apps."

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DarylM wrote:

@Anonymous User  Same here.  Not available via the ITV Hub app on the Now TV box.  Looking on Twitter, ITV say:

"Please note - Lethal Weapon is only available for catch up here: po.st/LethalWeapon as well as our iOS, Xbox and YouView apps."

@DarylM I don't think ITV hub has an Xbox one app, so they must be referring to Xbox 360 ITV also seem to suggest that it's not available on android, which I find staggering as android is more popular than iOS in the UK.

@Anonymous UserThis is one of the reasons why I still have Freeview recorder. If you record stuff you get to watch it in higher quality. There's also the fact that shows aren't guaranteed to be available on catch up on every device, particularly will ITV. Lack of availability on certain devices happens with other shows as well. I will check on my  Freeview play recorder in a minute to see if it's available on that. I'll post back here. If it's available

if ever you can't find anything on ITV player , I suggest you post on here not because NowTV can solve the problem, but because other users might be able to time you what devices the program is available on and you might have one of these devices. So posting here is a good ideaSmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why is lethal weapon not available to watch on any catch up when it has had so much advertising

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why is lethal weapon not available to watch on any catch up when it has had so much advertising

You will have ask ITV that question @Anonymous User

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

It is like how The Vampire Diaries is never on the hub app.... Smiley Surprised

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Lethal Weapon is all over ITV advertising, particularly saying that its now available on the ITV Hub.... I find it outrageous that it's not available on the NOW TV app for ITV Hub.... Also that the version is dated 11/04/16... I have the smart now tv box combo, with fibre broadband, provided by SKY!!???!! What on earth is that about???? I also don't have a home screen on ITV hub that shows any resemblance to other people I know. A friend of mine has talktalk tv and her itvhub is massively superior to mine and has EVERY programme available..... Ridiculous!!! I will be contacting SKY personally to question the stupidity of this. Itv Hub is FREE... Why on earth can it not be accessed fully on the nowtv smart box is beyond me.... Very annoyed!!!!