cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous UserITV Hub isn't the easiest to use and does need some work - down to ITV not NowTV

If you use alphabet letters you should find what you want.

The trick is to start a programme and then pause - you'll find a link in left to all episodes so you can select episode you want.

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous UserITV Hub isn't the easiest to use and does need some work - down to ITV not NowTV

Agreed.

The ITV Hub UI offers more functionality on my webOS LG smart TV. And is different again on my Panasonic smart TV. Which is different to the 'black' NOW TV box Smiley Surprised

Good 'ol ITV...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nadger

Sorfted out the ITV Hub issue now but your reply has raised another query. - You recommend starting a programme then pausing it to make a list of associated episodes appear to the left hand side. - How do I 'Pause' a programme that is running? -  My controller does not have a 'Pause' button or a 'Standby' button so I am unable to stop/start a selected programme one it is running. All I can do is watch it to the end or switch back to the NOW TV homepage.

JohnJay

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

The 'pause' button is here: -

remote.PNG

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Perfect - Thanks.

The 'pause'  button and the two either side of it simply did not work on my controller. I could not depress them. I assumed that they were deliberately deactivated because I only have a basic digi box and I only subscribe to a movies pass. In view of your reply i took my kit back to the retailers and they confirmed that the controller was faulty. They replaced everything with an apology and all is now well. 

Thanks again.

John

erichallows
Mentor

@Anonymous User wrote:

If you use alphabet letters you should find what you want.

The trick is to start a programme and then pause - you'll find a link in left to all episodes so you can select episode you want.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Why are there some tv programmes that just don't appear on the now tv itv hub? I can find them in my iPad, but I want to watch it on the big tv!
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc.

The content, the delivery systems and the UI's for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the service providers.

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Does anyone know how I can go back to the beginning of a programme I was watching or rewind to a bit I have missed. Every time I go on a program it just starts at where I left off and I can't go back at all??
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You should just be able to rewind to the beginning? Cat Happy

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂