cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Hello 🙂

If it is on the hub live channels, that is because ITV don't have the rights to stream the content through the app. It isn't Nowtv.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So annoying, can't watch ITV due to a platform issue. Whether its Now TV or someone else to blame I was never told that this could happen. Should have been warned when being sold this product

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why has my live itv sropped working i get a message not supported on this platrorm
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Most probably the program that ITV is currently broadcasting is 'rights restricted' by the content provider!

For more information you'd have to ask ITV as their app and content is provided by them. Not NOW TV 😉

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello

I've recently got my box setup and can't seem to get the full range of show's available on the ITV player app. For example, Britain's got Talent isn't on the now tv box but if i go direct to the player website on my PC then it's available.

Is there any way of getting a fuller list of programmes through the app on my box? A large reason why I got the box was so I could watch catch up on my TV easier.

Legend 5
Legend 5
@Anonymous User I am guessing you are in Scotland, you have two options use an English postcode or the STV Player which you can find by going to the app store. If you are in England, use the search option at top.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah that'll be it. Got it now - thank you

DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  To get the fullest range of shows on the ITV Player app, you should enter an English postcode.  A Scottish postcode would restrict the range of shows available.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Currently I cannot get the itv player or all4 app to work on my now tv box. When I open the apps they give me the option to enter post code or sign up bit then do nothing at all for a fair few minutes and eventually it lets me return to the home screen.
I have done a factory reset twice now bit no luck the online help advisor told me to contact the BBC myself to fix the issue.
Hoping someone here can help
Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

NOW TV have no control over 'third-party' apps, such as: BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4, Demand 5, RedBull TV etc.

The design of their UI's, the content they offer, their delivery systems for each distribution platform is entirely controlled by the individual service provider.

Cheers