cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

ITV Player

I have got ITV Player on the Now TV box, but it doesn't appear to have as much content as I would expect.  I was wondering if I was missing something obvious?

I would expect at least 7-day catch-up so I could watch, for example, more than one episode of Coronation Street.  (The description in the Channel Store says "ITV Player offers 30 days free catch up of all the shows you know and love.") 

But when I go to the main ITV channel in 'Guide' it just shows today and yesterday.  If I go to 'C' in the A-Z it just shows one episode of Coronation Street.  Are further episodes available via some method I'm not seeing?

I know this is an ITV problem rather than a Now TV one, but I was wondering if any users could help me?  Thanks.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

There is a way to get more episodes of corrie. It is a bit long winded but it does work.

If you play the latest episode and then press the pause button you will see a box that says something like more episodes. Click on that box and you can get all the older ones.

Hope that helps.

Rich

View solution in original post

435 REPLIES 435
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem for a few days now and I have the new now tv box. The itv hub streams fine on my Apple phone and on my Mac. But it’s not working on my now tv box. This suggests the issue is with now tv?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The problem is it doesn't work well when you stream anything that more than two people in the world might watch. That's whether you are watching sky sports or one of the other apps you get with the box. I can imagine now tv would blame either itv or my wifi for the fact that I could not stream England v France last night (not one minute of it). Well I watched the whole 90 minutes through the itv player app on my phone, in the same room. So it was yet another problem with the nowtv box.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Itv app is working everywhere, just not through now.tv box. That's clearly a problem with the nowtv box
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

The problem is with the ITV Player app on the NOW TV Box and as mentioned the only people who can tweak the app are the developers of the ITV Player app. 

Best thing you can do is keep an eye on the ITV Player Twitter page

http://www.twitter.com/itvplayer

where several people have already reported the issue which has been passed onto their Tech guys to look into. If you want updates on progress you can ask them on there, or if you don't use Twitter contact them directly here

https://www.itv.com/itvplayer/help/contact

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Have you tried deleting ITV Player and reinstalling?

As has been said app is provided by ITV not NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi my itv player isn't showing a lot of shows.. Only couple from itv2 or other channels. No soaps, no X factor, no I'm a celebrity.. Doesn't seem to be up to date.. Says I can get everything on catch up but that isn't true..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum.  In order to get ITV Player to bring up more shows, play the latest episode and after the adverts have played out & the show starts press pause.  This brings up a box which you can highlight for more episodes.  It's a bit of a long winded way of doing things, but unfortunately it's how the app has been written for Roku.

I hope this helps, if not please re-post and a member of the NOW TV Team/forum member will get you up and runningSmiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User@Anonymous User

Again it must be stressed that the ITV Player app is down to ITV not NowTV

One gets feeling that app is designed to get maximum advertising and not as friendly as other demand apps Smiley Frustrated

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User sounds like you are in either Scotland or Northern Ireland. Due to agreements with STV and UTV, ITV1 isn't available on ITV Player in these countries. Although if you happened to tell a white lie about your postcode you might find it appearing Smiley Wink